MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Time to celibrate Family.

Guest Guest

Christmas is all about family, love, giving of one's self to each other and so many other things.

Darlene, as head of our household, we wish to make you the guest of honor in this party.

Happy Girl brought the decorations and lets do this all up right. We are family, let's act like it and throw a big one for all our family, for Darlene whom without her we would not be family and in Ed's honor because I think he would want it that way.

So com'on everyone and bring in your best and let's celibrate! I will be back later with some goodies and gifts for all.

Hill

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg

Oh where did they hide it???? Where is it?? Ah hah, Found it! Dragging out the party machine and dusting it off... where is the plug? There it is!

Twila plugs in the infamous party switch and flips the switch.... clang, boom, chuga, chuga, chuga, woooohoooooo out Pops a table full of food.... we have baked ham, roast goose, a turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing, cookies, brownies, blueberry pies and apple cobblers...

Chuga, chuga, boom! Out pop's a large Pinion Pine tree with the most beautiful golden star at the top. Now how did that machine know I've been missing my pinion opine trees from back home for Christmas?

hmmmm no ornaments! Twila digs out some crochet lace snowflakes from the shelf in the closet and pretty glass bulbs... sure hope the others bring something to put on the tree.

Oh and Look! Outside the window is a wreath decorated with sea shells and gifts from the sea!

Here is a gift for Darlene, wrapped in evening blue with a white bow.

In it you will hear the laughter of your Children.

You will see the Joy of loved ones.

You will feel the love that surrounds you both at your home and this one.

May you find the peace that you seek.

Love is all around us.

Now smile and get with the party,

I am wearing my most favorite emerald green dress, velvet with white pearls.

I'm ready to party!

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

You forgot the MOST important dish of this here feast, so I brought it! I hope everybody likes lasagna!!! smile.gif Several years ago I went on a turkey strike-I refused to cook 2 full turkey dinners within a month of each other (especially since we still had leftovers from the first one when it was time to cook the second!), so, being Italian (at least 1/4!), I decided to start MY OWN tradition. The kids love it, and so do I. However, it took my dh a few years to "accept" the new tradition. He finally did.

Oh, yes. Can't forget the garlic bread. NO! No, Dar! You're not supposed to wear the garlic around your neck!!!!!!!!!!! Stand back everyone. smile.gif

------------------

midnight.jpg

"Sooner or later everyone quotes their mother."

awwwwwwwwww...

I sometimes wonder if I'd ever be able to put into mere type the feelings I have for this site and all of you...

Over the years, as some have come and gone, and as those that have remained astonishingly loyal, that *special something* that first made me fall in love with this place, still remains as strong NOW as it did that first day I found you...

It's an honor I don't deserve cause we'd not be here if it wasn't for those that have stuck it out through thick and thin and for all of you that are new and recognize the specialness that has always encompassed MrsSurvival...

ed was one of those that through good times and rough, always maintained a passion for MrsSurvival. I feel so honored that he loved all of us that much...

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg

Happygirl walks into the party room filled with inspiration by all the wonderful smells in the room...Mmmmm....the Christmas tree is already up, so now we just have to decorate it. Could everyone please bring the decorations that were made for eachother? We must have some nice and bright lights here somewhere...oh, here they are! I think a nice, warm fire at the fireplace will do...and look at that! There is just enough room to have stockings with everybody's (and I mean EVERYBODY'S) name on it...yes, including our dear EdandPeg.

I think I'll put Darlene's favorite chair near the fire, not too close, just close enough. It's snowing outside, so it'll be nice for her to sit near the fire. I think this foot-rest will be good too.

Now, we already have a wreath outside, lights, Christmas tree, stockings full of goodies, presents under the Christmas tree...I'll put a few candles out to smell good and add some nice mood...wait, something important is missing...That's it!!! The Manger scene!!! It looks like this is a good corner to spred it out in...as a good Mexican tradition, HappyGirl decorates an extensive area of a manger scene, with the shepherds, animals, wisemen, Mary and Joseph, and most importantly, the baby Jesus, who has come to save us and reconcile us to God.

Hmmmm....so far so good. I think I'll put a side table near Darlene's chair so she can put her hot chocolate or hot cider or any other goodies that the family is going to bring in.

For music we have one of those CD players that can hold about 100 CD's, so we can all pick our favorites and put them in there for all to share. We'll start with nice soft music from Kenny G, and move on to otheres that you all might want to add.

On the sidetable near Darlene's chair there is a handmade Thank you card for Darlene for everything she has done for us, so please make sure you sign it and pass it along.

Looks like everything is ready, now we'll just wait for everyone to come in so we can have the party!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

((((((Darlene))))))

Merry Christmas everyone!! Its the 3rd day into Christmas tide, and my true Love gave to me.....3 French hens that express His faith, hope and love for all.

I also brought naked shrimp and cocktail sauce to add to the festivities. Lets party...we have so much to celebrate as a family.

(((((I Love You all)))))

------------------

eaglew.jpg

This is the 4th day of Christmas. So, my true love gave to me: Four Calling Birds. smile.gif

Now I bring them to the party so everyone can enjoy them as much as I am. smile.gif

I brought some sweet potatoes and a jello salad as well. smile.gif

For Darlene, I brought a box of sweets for her sweet tooth. I know everyone loves candy.

Hope everyone has a great time at the party.

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmomjune.gif