MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Jalepeno Cheese Bread

Stephanie

I made this tonight in the bread machine and thought that I'd share it with y'all since it's really good.

Ingredients:

1 cup water

3 cups bread flour

3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk

1 1/2 tablespoons sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1 1/2 tablespoons butter, in small pieces

2 teaspoons active dry yeast

2 to 3 tablespoons chopped canned jalapeno peppers*

1/4 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese or finely shredded Mexican blend of cheeses

Preparation:

*I used undrained chopped jalapenos from a small 4-ounce can, but alteratively, you could use mild chopped chile peppers from the can or chop canned jalapeno rings for nachos.

Add the ingredients to the bread machine pan according to your bread machine manufacturer's suggested order. Select white or basic with a light or medium crust.

Use fewer jalapenos or mild chile peppers for a milder bread. Makes a 2-pound loaf.

I found it here

http://southernfood.about.com/od/breadmachine/r/bl10817h.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I've made this but used frozen bread dough. Chopped it up, add egg,cheese and peppers. You will probably have enough now to make to loaves so put in 2 greased loaf pans, raise and bake. I used to work in a grocery store bakery and thats how we made it there.

got my attention!

jalapenos.. like candy they are! eat them right from the jar.. and in bread too! now when I get a hankering for hot bread from the oven... LOL!

Archived