MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My son...Just thought I would share here...

Aint2nuts

I just thought I would share this step forward in time moment here.

My son asked a girl to his 7th grade Formal Dance. He wore a white shirt and suit jacket. I wish I could find my camera, because I would have loved a picture of the two of them.

She is a beautiful young lady, her name is Athena. They met at the dance, it lasted two hours (5-7) they were with a group of people, and then when the dance ended, he walked her to her parent's car, and shook hands with them both.

He earned enough money this week to buy her a piece of pizza and a soda at the dance. LOL He even paid for HER ticket. Gasp! Three dollars!

He said, "Mom, she makes me feel like I am tall, and like I can do everything right". LOL Young love. (He is really short for his age, she is much shorter than he is)

Needless to say, my young son will not be allowed to go ANYWHERE with her alone. Chaperones are the name of the day!

OH my. This is the start of it all isn't it? Group dates? Girls? Moving forward in life and one of the first steps in becoming an adult.

Scary stuff.

It sounds like you have raised a very polite, proper son.

Kinda makes those diaper messes ALL WORTH WHILE, Huh??? roflroflrofl

May it be the beginning of a lifetime of respect and kindnesses...

bighug

Originally Posted By: Cat
It sounds like you have raised a very polite, proper son.

Kinda makes those diaper messes ALL WORTH WHILE, Huh??? roflroflrofl

May it be the beginning of a lifetime of respect and kindnesses...

bighug

LOL -- I am in one way lucky - I only had about 8 months of dirty diapers with my son. By three he was toliet trained completely.

You know it is strange. I get the best compliments from people who know him about how polite, helpful, well mannered he is...

WHY DOESN'T HE ALWAYS ACT LIKE THAT AT HOME? He teases his sisters constantly, and is a brat at hom. Why can't I have that polite person all the time? LOL

Archived