MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Sweet, Snowy Sunday

sassenach

Just wanted to start the notes on today...... Brewing some columbian coffee now, watching my cat jaunt around the place, showing signs of cabin fever with more serious snowfall happening here in the Northeast.... ( he may land in a snowbank soon...).

Its quiet, I think I am feeling better... seems these are days of deep contemplation lately and I am making the most of them! I think of all of you with families at home and your getting things ready, and I am grateful I am with shelter and heat and food and my new little water filter pitcher! Makes the tap water taste more like real spring water!

coffeehaveniceday

It's cold, lots of blowing snow. Have some steaming oatmeal to warm you.

87142541.2vLVR7Ny.jpg

Woke to snow, streets with compacted ice & snow. DH had to go into a job site. AGAIN. Nice blowing flurries. Hasn't been this bad since late 2002/early 2003.

Had some cocoa then spaghetti for lunch (DH doesn't like it) and am working on biscuits and beef stew for him when he comes home.

I'm doing laundry and keeping watch at the windows because while I LOVE the snow, I am still very much a city girl and am paranoid of accidents and unsafe drivers.

Keeping watch on the porch kitty that came to us and survived the storm last night.

Arby, I use a Brita pitcher. It does make the water better. I make my iced tea with filtered water, too. Here I can sometimes find new filters for cheap at Goodwill. My friend buys them for me at her Goodwill when she sees them, too.

Crazy, yes, it is rather nice to slow down life for a bit. Uh oh, before you know it you may be adopting another kitty cat.

Reminds me. I have a darling pattern for a kitty cat checker set. You sew a quilt for the checker board. The markers are kitties !! Takes a lot of work to make one, but they are so cute. You put a large washer in the bottom of the kitties to weight them down. I will see if I can email you a picture. I think you would adore this set. Oh, and how are the bears ? Gabriel loves to use mine when he is here.

Not sure the "kids" will be able to make it down now. Oh well, we will just postpone our Christmas with them.

Keep warm and safe, Miss Crazy.

I made peanut brittle for my first time. It is so good. Making it was enjoyable for me. I made 3 batches, but ran out of peanuts. Otherwise I may still be in there making some. May use some cashews or other nuts and make some. Who says it must be peanuts ?

Leah, I have been having oatmeal in the evenings. Got out my sugar free hot cocoa mix. Will probably have some later on when I can have a snack. Too bad there isn't sugar free marshmellow cream. Wonder if they make any ? I should look online to see. I love it in hot cocoa.

Been stuck at the house all day after needing to push our son-in-law's truck into the driveway when he got home from work in the wee hours (the kids are living here while the economy is so bad.) No internet since my post up there ^^. Oh well, shoveling snow is good exercise...

Violet, many of our Christmas presents are buried in a car trunk a few miles from here; so you may not be the only one having a late Christmas.

Archived