MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Uggh Strep...

FunkyPioneer

:yuk: Cn I tell you all how much I HATE HATE HATE being sick? I can't even think straight. So please help me! Besides antibiotics (on them) and gargling salt water, what else can I do for strep? I'm in so much pain, I can't talk, the kids are running amuck because I am sick and I need to get back on my feet quick! :clothesline:
:yuk: Cn I tell you all how much I HATE HATE HATE being sick? I can't even think straight. So please help me! Besides antibiotics (on them) and gargling salt water, what else can I do for strep? I'm in so much pain, I can't talk, the kids are running amuck because I am sick and I need to get back on my feet quick! :clothesline:

Hope you went to the doc. Strep is nothing to play with. Brother had to have a heart transplant because

that's where the strep settled.

Do hope you feel better soon.

Yep I am on antibiotics right now. I'm gargeling with salt water and I have a spray that I made using honey, tea trea oil, peppermint oil, and lavender oil that I am spraying on my tonsils.

You know this could be so bad if I didn't have anitbiotics. I should think about stocking more. Of course going to MExico isn't great any more because they only let you bring back a 30 day supply. Can't have big pharma making less money you know.

Youngest DD went to the doctor this a.m. - was concerned she was getting the flu, but turns out she has strep throat. She's on antibiotic, fluids and trying to rest with a 22 month old (who feels great). Can you take ibuprofen for the pain?

Good luck! Hopefully, the antibiotic will kick in very quickly.

Youngest DD went to the doctor this a.m. - was concerned she was getting the flu, but turns out she has strep throat. She's on antibiotic, fluids and trying to rest with a 22 month old (who feels great). Can you take ibuprofen for the pain?

Good luck! Hopefully, the antibiotic will kick in very quickly.

I think I may need a stronger antibiotic because I have been on them for 2 days now. I feel atiny bit better, but not much.

I don't have anything to make you feel better but I do have a suggestion as to kill it in your house. Wash your dishes whether by hand or in the dishwasher with bleach water. Wash down you light switches and door knobs with bleach water also, and not lysol but bleach water.

Take if from a mom that battled strep one year with 3 kids till she was sick with strep herself. We had done the antibotics, we were on something like our fourth round of antibotics and the doc gave a stronger one each round. He was talking about removing tonsils. I had this dear saint of a woman tell me that it doesn't matter how hot my water was or how many rounds of antibotics the boys took until I killed the germs on the dishes it was just going to be passed around. So I started washing my dishes in the dish washer (which I never used because of the cost) and I added a cup of bleach to the wash. I had a sterlize setting on my dishwasher and I used it. I spent two days washing every dish we had in the house in the dishwasher using bleach but we never had strep after that. Even after everyone well declared well I still once or twice a week added bleach to my dish water. Even to this day I add bleach.

My heart goes out to you hon because I sure have been right where you are. ((((FunkyPioneer))))

I do agree with MomM about the ibuprofen.

I use the sterilize setting on my diswasher everytime, LOL. You must have read my mind though I have been running around bleaching everything. :lol:

You know it takes a crisis to realize where your short in preps! I only have 2 bottles of bleach, was totally out of cough drops, and Emergen-C!!! Not good!!

Archived