MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Vita Mix , Blendtec, or other?

I saw a Vita Mix demonstration at a home and garden show and have wanted one for awhile now. I have seen mixed reviews on them and have seen others recommend other brands.

I want something to use for juicing mainly but don't know if they would really be worth that much money.

Any advice would be great.

Blessings,

BB

I saw a Vita Mix demonstration at a home and garden show and have wanted one for awhile now. I have seen mixed reviews on them and have seen others recommend other brands.

I want something to use for juicing mainly but don't know if they would really be worth that much money.

Any advice would be great.

Blessings,

BB

I have had a Vita Mix since 1971. I use it almost every day. I have found it great for juicing.........but.

I do not care for the citrus acid bite from whole oranges, and I do not care for frothy tomato juice.

This is a personal thing, not a critique against the VM. It has been a work horse.

I came in from the garden one day to find my oldest two chopping wooden toy blocks into kindling splinters.

[they were forbidden to use the hatchet] to have a pretend campfire.

I bought a J. LaLane juicer for 3 bucks at a yard sale. To compare the two. Better juice from the juicer, but you can't believe what a pain in the butt it is to clean compared to dumping soapy water in the VM and hitting pulse a couple of times.

I have ground wheat kernals in the VM. It was ok; but mills do a better job. It is the best blender a person can buy.

If you need a blender, go w/VM. It's good as a juicer, depending on your preferences.

I use my Vitamix for darn hear everything. It's fabulous. I'm big on green smoothies, use it for soup, use it instead of the food processor that broke on me....have I mentioned it's fabulous? Here's where all my blog entries with recipes for the vitamix are. There's 3 pages worth!

I have a lalanne juicer as well. Juices are tastier without the pulp, but it really is a horrible pain to clean and you have all that waste. Where as a blender you can just buzz up some soapy water in there.

Archived