MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The wedding

Guest Guest

Several people have asked that I post about my son's wedding. Soooooo, here it goes.

It was beautiful and we all cried through the whole thing. My daughter-in-law kept looking back at me for strength through the ceremony. (Did I forget to tell her I'm all out of that? So, I borrowed the strength that everyone from here had given to me and gave it to her.)

She wore a strapless, ivory and crystal beaded gown with cathedral length veil. My son wore his "dress blues" uniform. The girls wore burgundy, figure hugging dresses with tiaras and their hair in updos.

Lisa's mom wore a burgundy linen full length suit and her stepmom wore a champaign colored linen suit. Her dad wore a tux with a "Flintstone Tie" and my son's dad wore a dark suit. I wore a floor length cotton knit dress that matched my son's uniform and an off-white lace full length jacket over the dress. I had to let my old hippie shine through.

They had a saber arch throughout the wedding and reception. The reception was at the Detroit Athletic Club. It took up two floors. It really was lovely. Most of the music was all supplied by family members. We had strings for the ceremony. Trumpet and pipe organ pieces for the recessional. Lounge music for the cocktails and then a dj for dancing. Nathaniel sang to Lisa once during the ceremony and once during the reception.

When it was time to introduce the wedding party members and the parents, it was rather funny. When it came to my turn and Nathaniel father's turn, I was sitting next to the state representative. He grabbed my hand and said, "You're not dancing with him." and up to the dance floor we went. Almost no one in the room wanted me to hurt anymore. It was great.

The next day was spent with two different wedding meals for the newly formed family. Then off to Lake Michigan and a condo there for a few days before he had to report to Fort Knox.

I know I've forgotten a whole lot, but I figured I'd better get this much in or it would never get done.

Thank you everyone for the prayers for the kids.

------------------

Pray for Peace

lcm.jpg

Oh Logcabinmama, I can just picture the whole thing and it's beautiful. Neither of my children are married but I know when the day comes I will shed many tears. I'm such a sentimental thing when it comes to my kids!

------------------

dee.jpg

It sounds like it was a beautiful wedding, LCM! I love weddings! It sounds as if you and your new DIL get along well...would that be fair to say? If you remember any other details I'd love to hear (read smile.gif) them! And, it's so nice that you had people there supporting you in many ways...we love you! smile.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Yup....for sure Loggie....we Love You!

Thanks so much for sharing that day with us ...it really sounded like it was a dream wedding for all.

I'm sooooo happy for Nathaniel and Lisa!

Now....how are you?

Big Hugs,

deb

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

Thank you for the update on a most beautiful wedding!! You are blessed with a new daughter in your family.

(((((Logcabinmama))))))))

Also, I must say, you had a very thoughtful dance partner for the parent number....I'm inspired by this gentleman's quick thinking and active response to help out a damsel in distress.

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Sounds like it was so beautiful and that it went just the way it should have gone.

Congrats to the newly weds and to you too. smile.gif

Would love to see pictures if you can share them with us on line. smile.gif

Colors sound so pretty and just right for a winter wedding. smile.gif

It was so nice to have someone think fast for you and the dance.

Thanks for sharing this with us. smile.gif (((((LCM)))))

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmom.jpg