MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny, breezy Saturday

snapshotmiki

Hi everyone!

I am finally finished with vacation and traveling and kind of settled in our trailer in Silver City for the summer. Would never have guessed I would be saying I am glad to be back in our 21 ft. travel trailer for any reason, but I am. My trip to Seattle, Victoria, cruise to Alaska and after trip to Denali was all great! Several hundred photos. If my stepmom hadn't paid for everything, I would probably never have visited any of those places! On our way back to NM we stopped in Sidney, NE and let our 2 pups back in with the herd of schnauzers at the rescue for a couple of hours while we visited with the rescue owner. The pups had a blast out running around with their old friends. Then we went to Cheyenne so I could shoot a wedding for a friend. I did not get to do that and I will explain why. A week before the trip started I thought I had a couple of bug bites under one arm. Then one more. A little annoying but I have a high pain threshold and wasn't bothered much. Halfway through the cruise I had more and they were painful and itchy. My stepmom said it looked like shingles. Made it difficult to carry my backpack! Owee! So back to the wedding--the bride had a friend with a compromised immune system and she said I was contagious. So no wedding and we are home now or for now. I looked up shingles on MrsS and have now gotten some relief!

So as of today, I am caught up with the laundrey, done the shopping and have cooked a meatloaf and cooked chix to make chix soup with. It is a beautiful day and I hope to rest a bit and put photos on the computer of course.

I hope everyone has a restful day!

Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about the shingles!! If that's what you have, they can be very painful and hard to deal with. :(

Sounds like a great trip and wonderful places to visit, I bet you ARE glad to be home and settled for a while.

We're having a beautiful mild day here in Alabama, dh and big boys working on some fencing. I'll be cooking and cleaning and taking it all at a slow pace, I love Sat!!! :D

I had an episode with shingles when I was in my twenties in the military. It wasn't fun . They were in about quarter size patches on my outer insteps on my feet. I refused steroids which is what the navy offered me and put up with it. The only alternative at the time, or after the fact, that I found was a simple paste of kitchen thyme on the zosters. I only found out several years later that I was susceptible to them because I had lupus, which started early in my time in the service. Yep, they are annoying and painful. I hope you don't have any more episodes. I have not seen the threads here on site about treating shingles and will look into it. ( BTW, the navy didnt do a darn thing to try and find any cause to symptoms I exhibited during my service time that were all symptoms of lupus and other related rheumatalogical disorders). Therefore I went about 14 yrs undiagnosed and this exacerbated all the stuff.

I do think anti inflammatory type foods may be of some help as well.

I am glad you got to do the cruise and pack trip though. It sounds wonderful!

It is a partly sunny day outside and about 75 degrees, which is nice after alot of much cooler days. I am contemplating making some whole wheat bread and some of those Cats Head biscuits, and a cherry pie... and getting a bit of a walk in later. Chatted with my son via IM as he finally popped in, and is working over in Germany. Found out he will maybe go to Greenland this summer if his company can straighten out some details about travel details for the team DS is on. He was looking forward to that. He said if he went, he would be there during the time the sun makes a loopy or UTurn in the sky and he wanted to see that phenomenon. He said the Europeans were not being very nice to them, and I said with the way politics and things are going, it was typical. Instead of taking the week vacation in the middle of his stay there to travel around Europe, he actually flew home for the week! That sort of gives you a hint of how we are being looked at if they are showing such obvious animosity as to make it very unpleasant if you are an American. He has been much better treated in Japan and SKorea, in comparison. DS had so looked forward to going to Germany too, so I know that must have upset him.

Well, off to make those biscuits the old fashioned way and see how they turn out!

Archived