MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sleepy Tuesday

snapshotmiki

We were up at 6;15 as usual, Gene left for work at 7:55 and I went back to bed at 8! For an hour and a half! WooHoo! The only things on my list today are to make laundrey soap and edit photos on computer from vacation. Might just have to take another nap this afternoon. I suppose I should look for a job a little bit on Thursday. I hope everyones day is relaxing and if not, then uplifting and profitable.

I just got back after an all day trip to go shopping with the van pool... gads..... didnt get much sleep at all last night. ( one of those nights I just couldnt drift off)... was rudely awakened by one of the ogre neighbors who also goes sometimes.... had only 30 mins when normally it would be over an hour... to get ready..... barely got a short shower and toothbrushing done and the stuff I take with me in my tote to feel human and safe.... before A was knocking.... then discovered prices were much higher and the re-organizing of Wally World there in Plattsburgh was irritating and ABSOLUTELY NO HERBS AND VITAMINS were on the shelves..... " &*%#!"

Chewed out the Ogre neighbor , his whole stance sent my self defense into overdrive .... he has no concept of personal space and yelled at me to my face.... to be ready when a simple few , decently toned words would have been sufficient.... my mind was PTSD-ing on this... the So and So! NOT cool.. and I let him have it on the ride up... experience would have been decent if he had simply been decent.. sheesh! ( I admit to visions of slaughtering such an MZB, he already qualifies completely being a definite and documented pedophile... grrrr. DO not TOWER OVER ME DUDE and talk aggressively if it isn't necessary.... ) [ Sorry, just not a good start to my day, here....] I admit, temper flared big time, but he pushed every button I had right off and continued to... not a good idea with this redhead!

Paid far too much, but needed most of it and yea, I needed a few simple condiments like Italian dressing ( plain, and ketchup and mustard darn it!)... Prices just are getting worse and worse this far north. ( Gas and Diesel prices are getting bad again....... discovered the baking goods section was severely cut down..... they didnt even carry the usual rye flour!

As to prices..... I can buy in bulk online and do better! Sheesh! Even dehydrated veggies and meals ..... seriously, tis high costing where I live. Trying to live more like TF diet because its best for the brain and body.... I can tell you what can happen to the body when you dont eat right for long periods of time ... not that anything was organic , or even grown in the US these days.... a luxury to have a homestead of my own! Well, until then..... I have to deal with Wally world.... or order online.... going to be going more online I think now. Its time to live on preps around here!

Anyway..... ogre neighbor actually helped me get a few of my bags in a pile on the sidewalk, and thanked me for getting his stuff out of the van.... hes got strained ribs. I still got to haul it all up the big stairs and get it inside , risking walkers by taking what was still on the sidewalk!.....

so I am sitting here with a second soda and brandy, by golly! After putting all the cold stuff away, going to the post office hoping my books were in ,,,, they may be but they are not scanned yet..... I hope they get scanned and released in the morning then... I could enjoy a good book to take my mind off jerks and higher prices....

Hopefully I can get to sleep early enough tonight. Its just one of those GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr days.... Im going to dehydrate some of the veggies I got today and tomorrow and do hamburger rocks to freeze and repackage bulk meat tonight and in the morning. Probably roast a chicken I got for roasting..... food of the Gods!

Saving grace was I got to talk to two friends who were nice mild types and we had nice convos, as well. Studied printers and figured out what to get when I can, before the lights go out so I can print every thing out Ive got doc'd .... Also figured out recording DVD-Rs too and what would work if I decided to get one.... with what cable system I still have right now. And right now, I am having my brandy and soda, and hoping my inexpensive multi tool will be found in one of the remaining bags... because I know I got it and paid for it! will continue putting stuff away... it better be there! But I was the last to get out of the van basically.... so I hope it turns up, it had a can opener on it! Also a case for it. Nifty for preps. So, it is the Chilling Hour! Ok, ok, I will be nice now.... :whistling:

:yuk: wow I so had one of those days too. Not much sleep last night rain was making my bad leg throb like all unholy hell and twitch and stuff. Then get up when the rest of the family is sleeping at 6 am. I should point out i didnt get to sleep until 2am (i went to bed at 10.) so up after 4 hours sleep stumble into the kitchen start poppin my meds trying to horse them down over the smell of the dead mouse in my wall from all the mouse poison I spread last week. Chug a pepsi then off to the gas station for my usual. Two Gatorades and a half order of biscuits and gravy. Then kick the beast (my 83 mercury marquis) into gear and off to work get there expecting to be able to index inserts while shoveling gravy into my mouth only to find that the 3rd shifter was still running parts . . .GRRRR. I'm normally done running parts like an hour early and this guy whos run it for months more then me is still running parts when I should be changing tools . ... grrrrr. . . . oh well. The love of my life brought me lunch and it all got better from there managed to still get done an hour early with plenty of time to clean up and do maintenance so all is well that ends well . . . Cept I gotta go mow the front yard ... I hate mowing. . . :yuk:

Glad you found your multi tool! And I have to say I hate dead rats in the wall! Used to get them in FL from orange trees too close to the house. Always died around the Holidays too. Hard to have a party with that around! :yuk:

Archived