MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

HOT Tuesday

Dee

Morning ladies :bouquet:

It's 10:30 and already 89. It's supposed to get up to 93 and DH is out picking up hay bales. I HATE that job now that he's an old man. It's just such work and stress on a body but heat makes hay so...............

I'm working at the libray this afternoon. I've been working outside off and on this morning. I've been tying up the tomato plants to keep them off the ground. I see there are a few blossoms and so it's really beginning again. I think I have 30 Amish Paste plants out there so I should have enough tomatoes before long to really get going with the salsa, pizza sauce, etc. etc.

We ate our first turnip for supper last night. Yum!

What's up with all of you today? Working outside? Is it hot where you are? Be sure to take time to smell the roses sometime along your path today. Work is good BUT we need some pleasure too!!!

:bighug2:

Morning!

Same here as you have, Dee! Just looked outside and my favorite circular air fever feeler (the one that's in the shade) is saying it's 91. Extremely humid - to the point that it's hard to breathe. I was just out patching a hole in the pool with my 13 yr old ds, and he said it felt like his ears were frying eggs. I will take this over 30 below any day though!

Today is a big day in the yard and garden. My asiatic lillies are starting to bloom! They are my favorite of all flowers and I have hundreds of them - literally. Starting today, my space will be filled with color everywhere. My wild grape vines (that I didn't know I had until a few weeks ago) love them as much as I do! They are twisting and turning, creating the most awesome patterns.

My first garden is coming along amazingly. This morning I noticed some tiny yellow flowers on my tomato plants! That obviously means that I haven't killed them yet. I am so excited!

Going to finish another rag rug, get my dd off to her aunts house - 3 states over, and finish taking care of all the strawberries I have yet.

I hope you all have a beautiful day and appreciate all of the blessings in it! Enjoy!

Whew, it's hot out, 109 during my 100 mile circuit. You could feel the heat drifting through the AC. Humid too, the clouds are building up around the mountains in the distance. We generally don't see any of the rain here. Our standing joke: If you look at the radar and see an open area, that's where we are.

My garden is almost done for the year. A couple of zucchini plants are still producing a few good squash, the heat cooks most of them by the time the flower wilts. I do have one tomato plant that has defied all odds and seems to be growing. With only one plant, I don't expect to see any fruit. We shall see.

Our neighborhood chicken brought her chicks across the street into my yard to dig under the evergreens this morning. The 3 brown and one white chick are beginning to get their regular feathers. It will be interesting to see what they grow into. Our 90 year old neighbor lady is thrilled that they stay in her yard most of the time. She has increased her outdoor activity and is looking a lot healthier since she has the chicks to care for.

The rest of my day is scheduled to finish up some paper work, then, pack for this months trip to Texas. I am looking forward to seeing how the flowers we planted are doing. I'm taking little Frank with me so DH has nothing to do except take care of himself.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Archived