MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Finally...

ol'momma

adding my hugs and love and support at this time and no it is not cold to feel relief that they are out of pain and in a better place after they have suffered so much in illness

Call me cold, but I am feeling an overwelming sence of relief. My father passed away this morning. He's been in the nursing home for hte passed... Gosh! 7+ years, and in poor health as long as I can remember.

Right now I am trying to gather myself up to make the neccessary phone calls and break the news to loved ones. It seems rather surreal.

Just a few weeks ago we buried my sister. She spend the last 18 months in a nursing home due to a stroke. My dear Mother did not cry as she buried her daughter... she said one day it would hit her and she would cry.

I am so sorry you have to deal with this sorrow. Like my Mother, you too with find your time to cry. My prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you all for your support and prayers.

This past week we've gotten his services scheduled (Fri morning) and arranged for his cremation and burial. It's been difficult to make the notifications, but healing at the same time. It was amazingly difficult to go to the nursing home and pack up his few belongings (--somehow heartbreaking that his whole life could easily be packed into 3 small boxes.) But harder then that was saying good-bye to the staff who've been taking care of him for the past 5 years, and the other residents there. I know I'll go in for future visits, but it'll never be the same. My connection there has been broken.

I hate to say it, but I'm really sorta mad at him for this whole mess. HOW DARE HE Die and inconvience so many people. The nerve of the man! UGH!! :angry: Typical of him tho...

Ol' Momma... I wasn't sure how to take the last part of your post.. But I have to tell you it made me giggle outloud.. I hope you don't think I am being disrespectful for letting you know that!

Ol' Momma... I wasn't sure how to take the last part of your post.. But I have to tell you it made me giggle outloud.. I hope you don't think I am being disrespectful for letting you know that!

Not at all. I'm glad you were able to see the humor. You brought it to my attention and made me smile, too. Thanks.

Archived