MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Finally...

ol'momma

Call me cold, but I am feeling an overwelming sence of relief. My father passed away this morning. He's been in the nursing home for hte passed... Gosh! 7+ years, and in poor health as long as I can remember.

Right now I am trying to gather myself up to make the neccessary phone calls and break the news to loved ones. It seems rather surreal.

(((ol'momma))) I am so sorry about your father. No, I do not consider you cold. You have to deal with the situation right now with a clear head and you know that he is no longer suffering. My prayers are with you and your family.

I agree with MomM...I know that when I'm dealing with a tragedy/crisis, I tend to shut down and get very focused on what needs to be handled.

After I handle it, then I dissolve into tears.

May your heart be filled with beautiful memories from the past to remember in the years ahead.

((((om))))

(((Ol'm))) The emotions will come later when you can afford them. Right now, you have to stay collected and calm to see to what needs to be seen to.

It is not cold to feel relieved when a loved ones suffering has ended. As I mentioned elsewhere, I pray your heart and mind are full of precious memories. :hug3:

Oh wow....considering your thread about how to care for him in big crisis.... we all know your heart for him. :grouphug: Yes, it's a relief to see a suffering loved-one pass on to better. Despite missing them deeply. You don't worry about your relief. It's done with the best of your heart.

Take care of yourself in these next days/weeks!

MtRider

When Mom died, it was a relief, though I miss her dreadfully. She had been sick for a long time and was in the nursing home in Texas and I was very ill and in Colorado. Oddly, the moment she passed, I was suddenly overcome with grief, though it was several hours before my sister was able to reach me an tell me she was gone. I know I will see her when my journey is over, but I still miss her.

Ol'momma, don't feel bad because you feel relief, because you know he no longer feels any pain now. It's natural, you know he is being tended to by the angels and they are healing his pain and renewing him right now. Yes, it helps right now, because you do have alot of things to arrange, to celebrate his life, with all the folks.

My own mother was horribly ill the last year of her life, and although she tried to recover, she was ill with things that made her body deteriorate in terrible way, diseases that were horrible affected her and tore her to pieces inside, even though to the Christmas morning that she passed away, she was brave and courageous and fought to recover, but it was impossible and many of the procedures used were horrific in a sense, and I could only feel a sense of relief when she did pass away, and I got the Phone Call. Still, it was Christmas morning and it broke my dad's heart.

CGA, my mother came to me on Christmas night. It was a Christmas that my son was able to come for a quiet visit and we were sitting here in the living room. Now, I am sensitive to certain things, I feel ghosts ( dont see 'em), feel them near me, and well, theres other stuff I know of, well... Mom came to me Christmas evening and surrounded me with this super warm pillar of energy, but it was filled with pure love and I could sense my grandparents, her parents with her. It was like a big hug from all of them, so I knew she was where she was supposed to be. It was an amount of love I could never feel when she hugged me with her earthly body, but also filled with an acceptance because only now could she know all the things I have done in my life, and choose to still care so much as a mother will..... and this was incredible in its acceptance, and the simple fact that she chose to come to me like this, in her passing. Then it was gone and I asked my son did he notice anything different just now..... he said no. It had only been meant for me, it's purpose, although I am sure she was glad he was visiting. ( And there were no drafts in my apartment). I didn't say anymore about it.

Ol Momma, Please feel the hugs passed to you- there are a lot of things to do in the next few days but take time to take care of yourself too. You are not cold- just numb right now... Take your time to grieve and make sure to talk it out. May God Bless you and keep you.....

you know I wish I were closer to ya'll right now- I'm a pretty good hand at getting things done.

I understand your relief- and I interpret it not as being cold, but as being human, and happy that he's not hurting anymore.

we love ya'll- you know that. ((((((((((O'Momma and Family))))))))))

SYMPATHY8.jpg I'm so sorry for your loss.

I do understand how you feel, it is hard to have them go, but, so often, it is best for them and they do not have to suffer any longer.

thGR5FGirly5FHugs.jpg

I too am sorry for the loss of your father. I also know exactly what you mean by 'relief', as my dad suffered severe dementia at the end.

Call me cold, but I am feeling an overwelming sence of relief. My father passed away this morning. He's been in the nursing home for hte passed... Gosh! 7+ years, and in poor health as long as I can remember.

Right now I am trying to gather myself up to make the neccessary phone calls and break the news to loved ones. It seems rather surreal.

((((((Ol'MOMMA))))))

(((OM))) I too agree with the fact that you aren't cold. By the time my mother's illness took her I was praying that God would take her.. And I felt extreme guilt over praying for her death, while at the same time was wishing for a cure.. I too felt that relief when she "finally passed". 9 years later I still feel grief..

Last year when my dh's father died after fighting one thing after another for 20 years, the only phrase I could come up with when asked how we were doing was we were "sadly relieved". We sat in a local cafe later making plans about funeral and this and that. I remembering thinking how emotionally drained we all seemed to be because there were no tears, no visable grief.

So I will end this by saying "Bless your Heart" you dear woman. May you find peace in the comfort of knowing he is finally home in Glory!

Oh...it's not "cold" hun. It's love. You will miss your dad but you wouldn't call him back to this life just for pain and suffering.

Hugs...and prayers.

Archived