MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

So - Who is looking for a husband?

Gunplumber

I wish this was a joke, or cute story from Malaysia. But its not. My friend Jim Rawles' terminally ill wife is seeking her own replacement. I thought of posting it here because the membership here is largely like-minded and of similar faith. I've known Jim for nearly 20- years now and can endorse his character without question. Greater love hath no woman, that she would find a wife for her friend.

http://www.survivalblog.com/2009/07/from_t..._my_bucket.html

Gunplumber, I'm sorry your friend is going through this .. but....

Sorry, I think that is creepy. I could understand a dying mother finding a home for her children, but shopping for a your husband's next wife?

There are some control issues going on there.

I know my husband loves me dearly, but somehow I don't thik he'd want me running his life from beyond the grave.

That poor man. It looks like she is arranging for a carbon-copy of herself, and her devoted husband is not going to argue with anything she wants right now, bless him. He loves HER because she is herself. What's he supposed to say? "Well honey, I really had something a little different in mind going forward ..."

He may find later in life he can love another who is NOT like her.

I agree it is a little weird. When my dog died I didn't want someone giving me another - especially when I'm still torn up over the loss. It doesn't make everything all-right. how much more so for a spouse. But if she wants to put out a want ad, what better place than here?

I don't think it's so weird on second thought. I did at first.

It brought tears to my eyes because she loves her family so much she just would like to know they will be okay.

It seems to me that somewhere, there might be a woman just like this--who has a heart big enough to go there and meet these people and love that lady like a Christian sister during her last days, and then help a family heal and give them time to love another mom and wife. Really,someone with a big heart could give her that. As long as they proceeded slowly, so as to allow for grief, it could work.

My heart goes out to your friend and his family. I hope their prayers are answered.

(Is it certain she only has a short time? I was told I had three months to live. That was in 1984)

I don't think it's so weird on second thought. I did at first.

It brought tears to my eyes because she loves her family so much she just would like to know they will be okay.

It seems to me that somewhere, there might be a woman just like this--who has a heart big enough to go there and meet these people and love that lady like a Christian sister during her last days, and then help a family heal and give them time to love another mom and wife. Really,someone with a big heart could give her that. As long as they proceeded slowly, so as to allow for grief, it could work.

My heart goes out to your friend and his family. I hope their prayers are answered.

(Is it certain she only has a short time? I was told I had three months to live. That was in 1984)

Well - she thinks so.

But then, my buddy was confined to an easy chair on oxygen with 6 months to live - incurable COPD. That was 8 years ago. He has since then gotten married and celebrated his 70th birthday and has no trouble getting around. Devoutly religious. Of course, that has nothing to do with it because prayer cannot be scientifically verified, therefore it has no effect . .. .. right?

First, I want to say that I feel very honored that you trusted 'us' with sharing this need.

Second, I will be praying for this family. I can't even begin to imagine how I would react in the same situation, so I won't try to.

I don't know of anyone like this and I don't know if it would work. But, I'm so glad to have the chance to take a petition before the Lord and ask for a Divine Intervention! :pray:

Archived