MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Relaxing Thursday

Annarchy

Good Morning!

Yesterday, I filled my suitcase, grabbed Frank & his backpack and stuffed them in the car. The temperature was already in the 100's as I headed down the road towards the base of the Rocky Mountains. The sky was crystal clear, vultures and hawks circling, rodents scampering across the road trying to beat the traffic whizzing by. I had to chuckle as one little round-tailed ground squirrel seemed to be 'hot footing' across the pavement. I could almost hear it saying "HOT! HOT! HOT!" As my trip continued through the mountains the heat ranged from 98 - 103, never dropping lower, as I expected to happen when I gained altitude. Off in the distance on the reservation, I could see a wild fire on one of the mountains.

Passing into New Mexico the temperature stayed the same. The sky was so clear I could see across the plains for miles and miles.

Around Deming the odor of onions permeated the air and piqued my curiosity. The odor was very strong, but it didn't seem any vehicle in front of me that could have been carrying the produce. A few miles down the road, I began occasionally seeing onions on the side of the road which continued well past Las Cruses. If I'd picked them up, I would have had enough for at least a year or two.

After 6 hours on the road, I crossed into West Texas safely.

So.... :wave: to all our MrsS Texans.

Today, MIL's maid is here and I don't understand anything they are saying. I think I'll keep Frank company and catch up on my reading.

How is everyone else today?

Good afternoon! Glad you had a safe trip Annarchy! I wish it was cooler in Silver City too. Lower 90s but still warm!

I finally ordered my grain/bean/corn etc. grinder off of e-bay (manual) I also bought grooming clipper set so I can save the $50 - $80 grooming fee for the two of them every few months. Now to get over the fear of the grooming experience. I will try to post photos next Wed. when they are both groomed--so long as thy don't ook like woe-be-gone, tattered orphans!

I made elk and vegie stew a few days ago in the crockpot. That was great! and tender. Also made chix fried elk stk which tasted great but was a little tough. Folks at dh's work keep giving us pkgs. Yay!

Buying preps has definitely slowed down since I am not working this summer but still am heading forward. When we get to AZ in Oct. and have more room I will get a pressure canner. That is almost scarier than the grooming kit as I have never used either but the clippers probably can't blow up!LOL

Not much going on in my life at this time except dogs, cooking and cleaning! Maybe that is a good thing for now.

Have a great day everyone!

Archived