MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thursday!

snapshotmiki

Good morning everyone! I am just being thankful today for this life that I have been given. My dh, my pups, this little (tiny travel trailer) and my salvation. See, Satan tries to mislead me sometimes and then I get sidetracked as well as feel sorry for myself sometimes. Then I realize I've been misled and it just makes me appreciate what I do have even more.

My grain grinder finally came yesterday. At the co-op, I bought some wheat to play with. I already have corn and beans to grind. Right now I have to go finish my laudrey. I hope you all have a wonderful day! Mik

Aw, *RATS*, Mik... <_<

I was gonna come in here and gripe about the lousy week I've been having... the muskrats and possibly the beavers have destroyed our little garden, disappointing lilDD after all her nurturing these plants and patiently gathering the little bit we did... one ripe cherry tomato, one cucumber, at a time.

And I've been overwhelmed with all the *STUFF* I need to do before winter, and/or flu season, and all the junk surrounding it.

:motz_6:

And then ya gotta remind me how very blessed I really am... :blink::Blushing:

THANK YOU!!! :wub:

:bighug2:

LOL! Well, Cat, I was going to come in and complain that I can't make a pie crust from scratch and didn't have anyone to teach me.

And then I remembered that we didn't have any problems with the storms yesterday nor did our families. The only problem that was encountered was DH's SIL's Parents (still following?) boat came off of the lift so my 2 BILs and MIL went and looked for it most of the day. They finally found it but I hope everyone realizes you have to secure things even when a storm isn't coming.

And I spoke with my very pregnant sister (2 1/2 weeks left) this morning, only to find out that the bank in the front of her supercenter was robbed yesterday evening. I think she was the only manager on site at the time (maybe one additional) because of the time & there were at least 1000 people in the store. I guess the man, who held up the bank, looked at the money center (check cashing, money orders, etc) first and went to the bank because it was only staff. But this is the second one he has hit in 2 weeks and they are guessing ours is next (hitting the metro ones in a line). Needless to say, I won't be taking the little ones with me when I have to go and will probably be carrying..... I never thought I would have to say or do that to go to the store. :huh: The bank staff did a great job (if that's the appropriate thing to say in this matter) and no one was injuried - well, the officer carrying the AR drawn didn't help my sister but everyone is fine.

So, again, God does provide. Thanks Miki

Hey you are both welcomed! It is usually me on the whiney end of the stick.

In addition today--I made an apple cake and am making apple butter tomorrow. Will be canning for the first time in our little trailer without any of my equipment (except jars and lids). Hopefully my spaghetti pot will be big enough for bwb. We will see. Looking forward to moving into bigger trailer in Oct. and getting back to my canning stuff!

I'm sure glad I am finally at an age where I am really glad I am me. I believe a lot of folks go through their whole life disliking who they are. And some catch on later like me!

Have a great day tomorrow!

Archived