MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I saw a love bug!

Prickle

Autumn's coming!

I can't wait to open up all the windows and let the cool air IN.

I can't wait to sit by a fire and drink cocoa and wear fuzzy socks. A cool rain would be nice too.

I can't wait for "good sleeping weather."

I'll miss the potato salad and corn on the cob but I can't wait for chicken and dumplings, chili and corn bread, pork and kraut. And of course roast turkey and pumpkin pie.

I'll miss the hummingbirds but not the tomato hornworms or grasshoppers big enough to ride.

I'll miss the roses but I'll have pretty mums.

GOODMORNINGWHITEDOG2.gif

Is Autum when the lovebugs come out???

I never gave it a thought, but, when we were down there a year ago in May, we didn't see any.

You know, there is so much about each season that you can be happy about. :) I love all seasons. :) I don't love the ice and cold, but, it is so pretty with the snow in the winter. :)

hugsgirlandflowers.gifHAVEANICEDAYFLOWERSANDBUTTERFLIES.gif

There are a few love bugs in spring but most of them are flying around in the fall.

In the fall they're so thick in places they have to be scraped off the cars, they have some kind of chemical in their bodies that eats through paint.

They have no natural predators and they don't seem to eat anything important, lol.

About the only thing apparent that they're good for is predicting "a change in the weather". Otherwise they're pretty annoying. ;)

Come visit me. You'll see far more love bugs than you could possible want. :lol:

It's worse this year than the past few, but not nearly as bad as when I was a teenager in central Florida. We used to have to swing our books in front of use while walking home from school to clear a path.

Archived