MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

how does one go about making white vinegar?

Robert Z

I read the recipe and procedure for making cider vinegar, but does anyone know how to make white vinegar? I am only curious for making my own vinegar for non fermented pickles and such. I suppose one could use cider vinegar for theat but I ahve never heard of cider vinegar pickles.

I read the recipe and procedure for making cider vinegar, but does anyone know how to make white vinegar? I am only curious for making my own vinegar for non fermented pickles and such. I suppose one could use cider vinegar for theat but I ahve never heard of cider vinegar pickles.

Here is a very easy recipe - only 4 steps to make white vinegar...........

step 1 : take your cider vinegar and set it on a table or counter.

step 2: Put on your Halloween Mask and sneak up (by crawling on the floor) on the bottle of

cider vinegar , be very quite so it doesn't see you coming.

step 3 : JUMP up and screem BOO! real loud at it. this should scare the "*&$#*!%*" out of it.

Step 4 : If you did it right you should see the bottle shake, jump and turn white as a glost.

:P:lol::):24::24::cele:

guess who: :AmishMichaelstraw:

I don't know how to make white vinegar. However, using homemade vinegar is not considered safe to use for making pickles.

I only use cider vinegar for pickles. You can use any kind of commercial vinegar that is at least 5 % acidity.

You may also want/need to get some current, safe recipes for pickles if you have not do so. Vinegar used to be much stronger than it is now. The old recipes and method were based on that strong vinegar. To prevent botulism you need to use vinegar that is strong enough since cucumbers are low acid vegetables.

Archived