MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Silky Potato Soup

cowgirl8

I hope this is where this belongs.....

Silky Potato soup in 30 minutes from start(peeling potatoes) to finish(on the table) in a pressure cooker

6 med to large potatoes

1 carton of chicken broth

2T olive oil

1 onion chopped

cup of chopped carrots

2 cloves a garlic

celery leaves, about half cup(optional)

small red and yellow bell pepper (optional) or red poblano pepper (optional)

8 oz cream cheese

Saute the onions, carrots, garlic celery(peppers if added) until the onions are transparent but not browned in olive oil. While that is working, peel potatoes. Add broth into sauteed veggies, cut up potatoes and add. The potatoes should be wading a little in the broth, not really floating. Turn heat to high and let the broth warm up to almost boiling, put pressure cooker top on and once steaming, lower heat to a nice medium sound(probably best to go by the directions of your pressure cooker). Start timer for 6 minutes. Quick cool after cook time, stir in cream cheese. When you do this the potatoes fall apart and make a very velvety soup....You can make this soup on the stove top without a pressure cooker, but, I've found the pressure cooker is fool proof...

I never make this soup the same, i always experiment with adding things i have on hand at the time. Some times i add more pepper, its good with a little fire. Bacon is good. The only thing that can go wrong is too much liquid. If this happens, if you have some dehydrated potatoes on hand, you can add a little at a time until its where you want it.

• 1 month later...

Yummy, I like cream cheese in just about anything!

I had to go look up the poblano pepper. I'm guessing any hot pepper would do.

Archived