MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Lake effect snow!

gofish

We are under a lake effect snow warning. 1-2 feet in some spots. Wind 20 to 25 mph. This is to last till Sunday. Maybe till midweek. Temps in the teens this weekend. I am on the edge of this but if the wind is right I might be hit hard.

We are under a lake effect snow warning. 1-2 feet in some spots. Wind 20 to 25 mph. This is to last till Sunday. Maybe till midweek. Temps in the teens this weekend. I am on the edge of this but if the wind is right I might be hit hard.

Isn't lake effect something ! It can dump huge ammounts of sn*w in one area...but a short distance away...nothing ! We're 'usually' on the fringes from Lake Onterio...every now and the we get clipped, but not nearly as bad as those living just off the lake do !

gofish must be my neighbor, for sure! :D Yup, we have the same forecast, and will probably get some starting tonight. I think I last heard that it'll be starting around 3-5 AM.

lilDD just wants to delay the start of school by another day or two! :D

Mike on 16 gave a long-range forecast in November that included the very slim possibility of a winter like the blizzards of 78/79. He said early conditions mirrored that time, but most likely conditions would be like the much milder 4 or 5 *other* scenarios.

:shrug: We'll know by April... :24:

Cat my Dh has Rick from 22 on email ,he is a member of skywarn. I rember 78 WOW. There was one in the early 80 that was bad.Will be ok for heat, food ,cooking. Lights so-so. The only time I rember power going out for days was a wind storm 12 years ago when my son was 2-3 months old.

Archived