MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Last Day of January

Dee

It doesn't seem possible that January is over. Will February bring us nicer weather? We can sure hope so even though the odss are against us. Being through with January though does make us a month closer to spring. :cele:

How about those of you in the path of the storm? Any w/o electricity or have any damage? Be careful! It's a bright sunny morning here and looks nice but it's deceiving as the temperature is 2 degrees right now.

Anyway, I was going to do some cooking ahead yesterday but got sidetracked so I hope to get it done today. I do have the cornmeal mush made and cooling in the fridge.

What's up with the rest of you?

The first month of 2010 has come and gone! How can that be? :o

Tomorrow I'm going to the Sewing Bee with the ladies at my church and they want to learn to make the Laundry Soap. Not exactly 'sewing' but we decided to do it anyway. I'm glad to be able to share just a little thing like this with these lovely ladies who have so kindly shared so much with me. :clothesline:

I won't be baking bread until Tuesday morning. I am SO loving my new Wonder Mill, going electric has made all the difference. Now, the baking goes much more quickly, which means we are eating healthier bread more often.

The weather was wonderful here today, reminded me of why I'm glad to be a Southern Belle! :curtsey:

Stephanie I want you to know I've spent all evening reading the first page of your Great Divide. I won't let myself go to page 2 but am hoping to get to it tomorrow evening. DH was watching the football game and I thought I'd see if I could get interested in your story.........hello, it's wonderful and I couldn't quit.

We just spent a quiet day at home. I actually took a nap this afternoon. And then lilDD and I went to see The Princess and the Frog (we get to see movies for free if we like, perk for my brother's family 'cause he works there).

Tomorrow I'll be busy helping bigDD settle into their new rental home. She's THRILLED to get out of the trailer. With the baby coming in June, she's ready to get things ready.

Archived