MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Raw goat milk and Lupus

Last summer, when I had raw goat milk to drink, my Lupus symptoms really abated. Then my goat went dry and I was using cow milk again. The symptoms returned. (The sores broke out really bad, kidneys aching, fluid retention, joint pains, fatigue and headaches. ) Once my goats freshened the symptoms started to ease. It seems the more of the raw goat milk I drink, the better I feel. I think it is more than just reacting to cows' milk, but something about the raw goat milk that is actively helping me.

Have any of you noticed a difference in your auto-immune disease symptoms when you avoid beef and cow's milk and/or use raw goat milk?

I have a problem with milk totally but I can tolerate raw organic milk better than pasteurized, homogenized adulterated milk. We have friends who have an organic Jersey dairy and are able to get not only milk but at certain times colostrum too. We also have our own Nigerians and in the past have milked our own cows and other goats.

I have experimened with variations of foods over the years and I have found consistantly that any time I am using fresh organic products my symptoms abate. I believe it is because people with auto-immune diseases, and indeed any chronic disease, needs more concentrated and more bioavailable nutrients that their bodies can utilize.

I was wondering if it's possible that the colostrum might be responsible for your symptom relief. We normally think of the antibodies being in the milk the first three to five days but it can linger after that as well. We use and/or freeze the colostrum from our animals and from our friends herd but I don't find it as helpful to my symptoms as I do when it is fresh.

A real proponent of raw milk is the Weston A Price Foundation. They have a lot of info at their web site. http://www.westonaprice.org/

You might find some answers to the 'why' there. Whatever, I am happy for you that you DO find help with the raw milk. Auto-immune diseases of any kind can be notoriously difficult to handle. Any relief is always welcome.

(((((CGA)))))))

Hugging you back!

My goats are organic too. They free range and get most of their food from my property.

I think it may be a combination of nutrients that I'm missing and something that "distracts" my immune system from attacking my body.

I'm going to try the lacto-fermented foods too. Doing a lot of reading and bought the book.

Archived