MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

pneumonia

mommy magic

(A reminder from Mother: Please remember to do your own research ANY time you use a recipe or suggestion in this forum. Thanks)

i am new to the forum, i am well known for my odd recipes, here one that you all may like.....

LUNG FEVER SALVE

12oz.-unsalted lard

2 oz.- camphor

3 oz. - beeswax

3 oz. - rosin (powdered)

heat the above in a double boiler. take off heat, then add....

2 teaspoons raw linseed oil, 20 ml. turpentin

bottle up, used for colds and pneumonia, rub on chest and back.

it will store for years.

if you are interested in recipes like this PLEASE let me know, i would like to share them,

i am new to the forum, i am well known for my odd recipes, here one that you all may like.....

LUNG FEVER SALVE

12oz.-unsalted lard

2 oz.- camphor

3 oz. - beeswax

3 oz. - rosin (powdered)

heat the above in a double boiler. take off heat, then add....

2 teaspoons raw linseed oil, 20 ml. turpentin

bottle up, used for colds and pneumonia, rub on chest and back.

it will store for years.

if you are interested in recipes like this PLEASE let me know, i would like to share them,

:wave::welcome: To Mrs. Survival. :D

We will all be looking forward to more of your recipes. I love and collect old time and odd healing recipes myself so we are two of a kind.

Please forgive me if I add warnings from time to time. As Moderator I do it often with recipes in this section of Mrs. S just to try to keep us safe.

I am NOT trying to discourage you from posting, just the opposite in fact. I am really looking forward to more of your Recipes. :)

Some of these old time recipes contained products that just were not good for us. Because the skin is extremely efficient means to introduce chemicals and etc into the body we need to be careful what we put on it and should probably never put anything on it that we wouldn't eat. Turpentine is a very old, well known, ingredient from the past. It was even given in a teaspoon with a bit of sugar to make it taste better but just so you all can make informed decisions on it's use, here is a link to check out.

http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/healthguidelines/...ecognition.html

Really looking forward to more recipes Mommy Magic. By the way, I love your user name. Sometimes these old time or odd remedies WERE magic.

:bighug2:

• 1 year later...

Archived