MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny Saturday!

snapshotmiki

I hope everyone is having a great day! I thought I should catch up the last week. Just got the pups their last professional haircut until November. I try to do it during the summer. The trailer is cleaned. We are going to dinner at friends out in the desert tonight. I just took the pups Christmas photos while they look good. I will try to post one but have never done it. I am down to working 3 days a week at the restaurant. Winding down so to speak. Just made chili in the crockpot so my dh has food for my workweek. Everyone, have fun!

The temp is supposed to hit 86 here today which is fine but it is staying too warm late at night for me, usually 80 or so when I go to bed at 11.

I will upload photo later.

Our temp here in West Texas has been like that. We had in the 90's last week ,but cool this week. The mesquite trees have still not come out. We use that as a sign of no more freezes. I had planned to do some more cleaning today but took a stomach virus. I kept my grandson and granddaughter Wed. and Thursday. I took what they had. At least, they are feeling better.

Today has been a real mixed bag of things. The weather, which had been beautiful all week while I was stuck in an office, is now cloudy with a chance of rain (lol...almost said meatballs!)...

And today...I watched how to disbud goats. It seems that every time we say, "we'll never _______" and we fill in the blank with things like "butcher chickens" "own horses" or "have anything that needs to be milked"...it turns out to be EXACTLY what we end up doing! So I told my DH: I'm going to start saying, "We'll NEVER win the lottery!" ROFL

On the homefront, though, I have yet another batch of onions in the dehydrator, the crockpot cooking tomorrow's supper, and all in all, been fairly productive today.

• 1 month later...

Lol, that's going to be a great Christmascard. They look fantastic.

Archived