MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday and another beautiful day

Dee

Moring glories :wave:

It's a beautiful Monday morning here in Northern Iowa. Gosh, when this kind of weather finally arrives it's easy to remember why we live here.

I spent the weekend outside weeding. I made a dent and still have lots to do BUT I've said to heck with weeding for a couple of days and am now planting....yehaw!!! It's almost 10:30 and I have 7 melon out, 32 kohlrabi and 6 white cherry tomato plants. DH also dug the hole and helped me plant the tropical hibiscus DS and DDIL got me for Mother's Day.

I am old and don't for long periods of time anymore so I'm in having my 2nd cup of coffee and taking a break before going out to plant more.

It's a free day with no commitments to take care of so I'm hoping to be home all day and left alone to have fun.

Snowmom enjoy your mowing. What's up in your world for the rest of you? Weather nice? Keeping busy? I hope for those of you working that the weathers gorgeous when you get home tonight so you can putter around too.

Enjoy your day everyone and see you tomorrow! :grouphug:

Dee--I spoke too soon. Yesterday afternoon about 2:00, we had a storm with marble to golf balls size hail, wind gusts up to 60 mph, and a heavy downpour of rain in our area. Our small city does not have a good drainage system and the streets flood. It will usually go down after a couple of hours, not like Tennessee.( May God bless them. They have had more than their share, even thought you don't seem to hear much about it.) Our house is ten years old and has had three roofs put on due to hail and high winds. Oh well, that is just West Texas. Our weather is not predictable anymore. Maybe God is trying to tell us something. Everyone stay safe.

Oh wow, that's too bad AMarthaByHeart. We get horrible winds here too. Living on the plains, which you must too, there's just not many trees or mountains to slow that darn wind down.

Hope you have a better day today! Ours is picture perfect so far. I was up before 6:30 and by 8:00 I had everything watered, sheets on the line and a few things gathered up to take outside to plant. I sat down and ate breakfast, went out and planted and am now in for a break and to gather up more plants. My but I do love this time of year!!!

It is pretty here this morning in southern Oklahoma but we may have storms again later this afternoon. I need to get the roses the kids and DH got me for mothers day into the ground and start cleaning out the garage and shed for a yard sale.

We had a lightening storm 5 days ago and it 'killed' 3 tv's, a cable box, and our home theater system. After paying for 'replacement value' all these years we learned that our insurance has no intention of paying to replace what we lost....AARGH!!!!

The next day we had a terrible downpour and discovered that our brand new (doesn't even have 500 miles on it) truck leaked around the tail light on the back of the cab. I thought DH was going to stroke out. It has been a real lesson about the true value of material things....although a hassle, they are only things.

Hope you all have a blessed day,

bb

Edited to add:

Due to the loss of our electronic equipment we have been FORCED to have more family time. Our teenagers have been so bored that they have actually sat with us and talked for hours.....So it hasn't been all bad.

So far today has been beautiful but it is beginning to cloud up. We are south of the plains with only a few mesquites around. A lot of trees would be nice to help stop the dirt and sand blow when it comes from the west. I am trying not complain because things could be much worst---Iceland, Haiti, Tennessee, Oklahoma, etc.) I guess we have learned to take things as they come. Our grandkids always call and tell us to look outside if they hear that we are under any weather alerts.)

Archived