MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I have no words

NicoleS

It is clear that they don't have a clue as how to dispose of it properly. I could tell with one of the jars the seal was up. The wife gets a jar of "something" about twice a year from someone at work. I hide it, and then throw away jar and all later. No way I'm going to eat what someone else canned without me being there watching them.

I found these comments she posted.

7 months ago

It was a gift of Zacuscă. Wikipedia says the main ingredients are roasted eggplant or cooked beans, roasted red peppers and chopped onion.

8 months ago

It's several months later and we're still alive!

:wormie2:

John

Oh Wormie, maybe they're in to Russian roulette as well.....

Valid question Rabbit. Spoiled food that gets flushed down the sewers is an extra source of risk.

And we all pay through the nose already for clean drinkingwater right?

Here's a link to a pfd about how to dispose safely of spoiled foods:

http://texashelp.tamu.edu/001a-hot-topics/...poiled-food.php

No, it is not Ok to just do that. If you handle it, do you know you can get botulism from getting it on a small cut ? So, what would you do with the drip you did not see on the counter, on a dishcloth, etc ? What if a little child gets ahold of that drip ?

Take and put it all in several layers of trash bags and put in the trash. Even if you boil the jars , the end result is the same, you still have to throw away the jars and contents.

I know it is said you can boil it all, and then toss, but I see no point. I say put it all in the trash bags, weariing gloves, of course, and dispose of it.

Nothing to mess with. And, just to think there are those who are still doing green beans and foods in a boiling water bath canner and taking a risk of botulism....

The Univ. of Georgia has a new warning on the first page of their website about the dangers of canning green beans in the BWB canner.

Here is a link incase anyone is interested :

http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/index.html

Ick ick ick!!! It's LITERALLY alive!!! :behindsofa:

I cannot believe how casually they were handling such a dangerous product!! Treating it like it's funny...oh my gosh! :(

I'm glad they're still alive! But I hope they've done some research and learned how NOT to handle improperly canned "gifts!!!"

Imagine them breathing in possible spores. No no no no no, not good.

Archived