MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Peek-a-boo....it's Monday!!!

Dee

Morning Glories :bouquet:

July 19th is Flitch Day.....I've never heard of it, have you?

I googled it to find the definition and here's what I found.........."Dunmore Piory, England. FLITCH DAY. Beginning in 15th century, the monks offered a "flitch" of bacon as prize for any married couple who could prove to a jury of bachelors and maidens that they had lived together in harmony and fidelity for the past year. Very few took home the bacon." Well, that's enough trivia for this day. :)

Can you believe the weekends over already and it's the beginning of a new week? We had a busy and productive weekend and it's going to be a busy week for me too. First up is a Family Team Meeting at 9:30 this morning for my CASA family. I've taken my shower and done a few things around here but haven't eaten breakfast or dressed so will need to get moving before long.

Glad I could help you with the rain Jori, I worked hard at getting it your way. We're due for rain off and on all week so I'll see if I can keep it going your way.

blestmomof4, you are welcome to come on up anytime. I'll have some rolls and coffee ready for us and we can just sit and chat. Wouldn't that be fun!

Anyway, I must run. You all have a great day and let us know what you're up to! :grouphug:

Good Afternoon!--Today has been National Dog Wash day (for me). Also have pork chops with baked beans in the crockpot for dinner. This afternoon between brushing dogs and walking dogs I intend to work on my cookbook.

Hope everyone has a great day and a "flitch" of good luck!

Afternoon~

We are waiting for storms to roll in. I just checked the radar and it looked like it was almost on top of us and now it looks like the sun is coming out again. I'll wait until 5 and then water the garden if the storm hasn't hit us.

Took the day off from canning so I could work on freezing beans. That has been the on-going project of the day along with a loaf of wheat bread (bread machine, couldn't see turning on the oven but fresh bread sounded so good) and pming my s-i-l to be on facebook (& the drama that goes along with planning a wedding with the grooms side of the family begins - love my MIL dearly but she needs to remember it's not her wedding and to cut the apron strings....) I think potatoes are going into the canner sometime this week, if DH finds time to check them.

Have a wonderful evening!

Peek-a-boo Back at ya......................

But I am a bit behind seeing this is Tuesday. ;)

Very LONGGGGGGGGGGG weekend but now 'trying' to get back to normal - what ever the heck THAT is for us?

Seems that there is never enough time to get everything done and then just when you think you are getting there......

the phone rings and off we go again. LOL

Archived