MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Washday Wednesday

Dee

Good morning ladies! :bouquet:

The suns out and shining brightly. I've decided to do some laundry and actually hang it out. The sheets were the first things out and now I can hardly wait to get them back on the bed and crawl into them tonight. NOTHING like sheets dried on the line. If I were to ever have a servant (yeah right! :) ) I would have freshly line dried sheets on my bed daily. Now that would be a luxury that I'm simply too lazy to bother with.

I'm home for the day....well, I'm hoping to be. DDIL called asking us to take the "perfects" to daycare since she's not feeling well. DH took them so I didn't even leave the farm to do that. I may have to pick them up about 4:30 but if I can stay home that long that'll be great.

I do my bill paying onlline but the bank page says they're down for maintenance and will be back shortly. I'm hopin' they'll be done when I'm finised here. We'll see.

I have one Amish Paste tomato ripe so DH will get his first BLT for lunch today. He'll be a happy man.

What's the word today from you neighborhood? Have a great day!!! :grouphug:

Hi Dee and everyone to follow,

We woke up to severe wind, green skies, and rain (good times <_< ). 2 mornings of rain = flooded lower part of the yard & LOTS of bug bites.

DD had her first denist appointment this morning. She had a good report but not sure if I'll take her back to that ped denist. I didn't get a good vibe from him and parents aren't allowed in the exam area (large area with multiple chairs). I heard her crying the entire time and when they brought her back to me 10 minutes or so later, they said "she did great!" I nearly laughed. But then you wait in a small lobby area and you see him for less than 3 minutes. And the comments are all about seeing your MD and the time to wait and the few minutes you see him.....

I picked up a bushel of green beans and 5 dozen ears of corn yesterday afternoon. DH and I cleaned the beans last night and the first batch is cooling down. Hopefully, I can can the entire bushel tonight and clean the corn so it can be canned tomorrow. I think that should take care of canning both of those but still need to freeze more and maybe dehydrate some.

DH told me yesterday that he is looking at property in 2 different counties, one is the same county as my family and the other is closer to Cat and gofish. He has decided that it's better to buy 8 acres or so that we can start working and build when we can. I suggested putting a camper or mobile home on it so we could save more $$ and build faster. He thought the camper was a good idea and then we could use it as a "getaway". He is also thinking that with a partially wooded lot, he could put a tree stand up and hunt the land, too. So, hopefully, that will be something we can do quickly as we are both seeing daily the need to leave the area we are in.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

:hug3:

Jori

Hey, I had washday too. Not allowed to hang it out at the RV park though. I got material on clearance at Walmart last night for $5 a yard that was 13.95 a yard. It's like a skirt already half made. All I did was sew up the side seam and hem it. At least the sewing machine is out now. Here is a photo of the skirt. (hopefully) Have a good day everyone. post-45-1280960254_thumb.jpg

Jori, if you didn't feel good about the dentist I wouldn't go back. I always went in with my kids when they were little. I kind of stayed in the background, behind the chair if possible, but I was in there. I was paranoid about leaving my kids alone with strangers and that was years ago. My youngest is 30.

Sounds like you might be making a move. It's alot of work but you'll probably love having your own land. We sure do. There's been a conversation going on somewhere in the last few days about living in a mobile home in a cold climate. Have you been reading it?

Miki, I love your skirt and just sewing up a side seam and putting in a hem is great. Good deal on the bargain, I love bargains!

Thanks Dee! I had a feeling I wouldn't get the response of it not being a big deal and blowing it off. (this came from someone who sits while her daughter has her teeth cleaned and then daughter sits while she has hers cleaned. We would be so relieved to be on more than a city lot (1/5 of an acre doesn't give you alot of room for 2 toddlers, a garden and some fruit trees and bushes but we've made the most of the space. I can't image what we would do with more space. My parents are on an acre and DD & DS love running around the backyard. I did see that thread. DH thought it might make a good temp bug location if needed.

Miki~ I love the skirt! The fabric is so pretty!!! I might go scope our walmart out in the morning to see if they have something similar. :whistling:

Jori, if you didn't feel good about the dentist I wouldn't go back. I always went in with my kids when they were little. I kind of stayed in the background, behind the chair if possible, but I was in there. I was paranoid about leaving my kids alone with strangers and that was years ago. My youngest is 30.

Sounds like you might be making a move. It's alot of work but you'll probably love having your own land. We sure do. There's been a conversation going on somewhere in the last few days about living in a mobile home in a cold climate. Have you been reading it?

Miki, I love your skirt and just sewing up a side seam and putting in a hem is great. Good deal on the bargain, I love bargains!

Archived