MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

First Thursday in August

Dee

Morning everyone :wave:

It's a beautiful morning here and the high is to only get to 82. Summer, I love it!!!

I'm gonna to brave the mosquitoes pretty soon and get to the gardens to see what's developing out there. Hoping for another cabbage or 2 to make more freezer slaw. I only got 9 bags yesterday which is good but another 15-20 would be even better. Another tomato would be excellent also. DH does love BLT's.

Otherwise I think it's a day to finally do some cleaning around here. The kitchen floor is actually a sticky mess from the canning and cooking I've done. Sooooo, I think floors are on the agenda.

What's up in your little corner of the world? Hope it's a good one, whatever it may be! :grouphug:

"It is dismal coming home, when there is nobody to welcome one!"

Ann Radcliffe, The Mysteries of Udolpho, 1764

Good Morning! Dee that last quote is why I have always had dogs! Today I am listing a couple of items for ebay, cutting out a pattern and doing some cleaning. It is supposed to get up to 90 today. Oh, and there was a gunshot last night right next to the park. A young lady was out walking her dog when it happened. She said she saw a group of young kids and then heard the shot. There were still flashing lights when I went to bed but no crime scene tape this morning so I am hopeful no one was actually hurt. This is a town of about 13,000. I guess the size doesn't matter much now.

Have a great day!

It must really get the adrenalin going to hear gunshots in the neighborhood Miki. Glad there's no crime scene tape this morning. Hopefully, whoever it was, will move on or better yet grow up soon!

You and me both with floors John but won't they look nice when we're finished! Good to see you here!

And I make 3, finally finished the floors. I had to do the kitchen floor twice just from all of the canning. I have corn in the fridge but needed a break from things that are yellow. I was able to make banana muffins this morning. The 4 that I left out for everyone are gone, so glad I put the rest in the freezer for later.

Found out I was being laid off this morning effective tomorrow through my MIL. Called DH and he said yes but it was suppose to have been a reduction in hours only but the memo in my paycheck said layoff. FIL called me after lunch and told me to disregard it because he remembered I was working on the website. So, I'll be revising my resume so I can find something that fits in with the kids since this is a project and I should be done minus a few changes here and there by September. Now to figure out what kind of job I can find with 2 toddlers, preschool, extra activities, and a husband that works long hours. Maybe an evening shift or something.

Miki~ I can't image the thoughts as you heard gun fire last night. So glad everyone is alright.

Have a wonderful day! Jori

Archived