MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

it is Friday.................... AGAIN!

Good Day to you all...............................

Just came in for a quick look as we are havinig 'one of those weeks'-

You know, you have things planed for each day and just when you think you are doing OK something comes up to add to the list.

Very busy times but we ARE having some fun as well.

Did you see the list of posts in the last few days?

Seems like we are in the mist of canning season LOL

as well as harvest time.

One extra this week was we were asked to help out at Thursday's Farmers Market for the Amish Farm we work at. Long story short we were very busy with lots of people buying 'fresh' and also buying in bulk for canning and freezing.

At this one there is a chicken BBQ each week but they want $8.00 for a chicken dinner! So that's $16.00 for us to eat after we are done - way to much for me. But I got thinking (as I always do) and asked Ben (the Boss) if I could sell some of my cherry tomatoes? So I got the OK and filled 8 pint baskets with a cherry tomato mix (yellow pear, orange cherry, grape, sweet millions) and we sold them for $2.00 each.

Lets all do the math together - 8 baskets @ $2.00 each = 2 CHICKEN DINNERS!

I just love bartering adn this one was easy as we had way to many tomatoes at this time anyway.

:AmishMichael2:

Hi AH, and everyone else,

This Friday finds me in Texas again. The trip here was interesting. The mountains have been getting rain causing flowers to bloom and greenery to flourish. A stark contrast to the dusty olive gray green I am used to. Traffic was light outside the towns and cities, but I had to take extra caution to avoid the people who almost ran into me several times. :0327:

I brought a pastel paintings I am working on with me this time. With all the things on my agenda at home, I usually don't have much time for art work. I hope to be able to work on it here while MIL watches TV and reads.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Afternoon~

Glad to hear you made to Texas Ann, hope everything goes well.

AH~ with you having a busy week and me adding things (story to come) to my already crazy day, we would make a great pair.

Storytime......Please have I Love Lucy theme playing in your head. So, I decided last night to chop and freeze the banana peppers I had in the fridge because they were starting to go soft and the same time, I knew I had to make a half batch of pasta sauce to get in the fridge. So far, so go...... I then decided that I would have more room for my cans in a bigger cabinet and I could just move stuff out of the other. Then decided that I should use the entire cabinet (double door) instead of part of that and another small cabinet - realized this had to be done before I could can any addition food because I was going 5 deep on boxes of full jars. This now took priority until I went into the garden to pull some beets because DH made the comment about the beets in the fridge were soft since they never got canned (he said he would take care of it <_< ) So, I pulled enough beets to do a canner full and got everything ready all the while I'm working on peppers, changing cabinets, taking care of the kids, and cleaning before the sitter arrives. Did I mention DH and I are going to a minor league baseball game tonight :blink: .

At this point I'm starting to feel like Lucy in the candy factor episode, except my Ethel is 3 and 1/2 not real fond of chocolate and wants to help put carrots on a cookie sheet to freeze them. Yes, I pulled carrots while I was out in the garden, too. :busted:

So, the beets are cooling. By the way, I don't like beets, I canned them for DH. The dishwash and washing machine are both running loads. The carrots and rest of the peppers are in the fridge. The toys are somewhat picked up but I need to go clean up the sandbox toys (if the kids go out, they won't come back in) and dinner will be started soon. And the sitter will be here in an hour and 20 minutes - I'm not ready yet, either.

Oh, I was trying to work on the monthly meal calendars and the grocery list while doing all of this. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I got up this morning.....LOL!

Dee~ if you check in Happy 44th Anniversary and I hope both babies and their mama's are doing well.

My life is pretty calm today! Labeled and put away yesterdays Pickled carrots, made Buckeye Bars for DH, Jiffy Jambalaya for dinner and a sausage, peach, pancake thing for breakfast for the next couple of days. Oh, and defrosted the fridge. The dogs don't talk back so it is pretty quiet.

Jori and Amishway--I'm just speechless about you two.

Ann-I hope you get a little rest and inspiration.

And Happy Anniversary Eve! Dee

Archived