MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Last September Saturday

Jori

Good morning~

It's bright here today, a mix of clouds and blue skies, the wind is here and the crispness of fall has arrived (56 at 8 this morning). I made the first pot of pumpkin spice coffee to go with cinnamon rolls for DH and I (DS won't eat them and DD is not feeling well but better than yesterday) before he left for a day of tailgating and college football.

DD has a bug or something on top of the diagnosis of allergies. She was running a temp of 101.4 yesterday evening and slept about 13 hours in totally. Fever is gone and she is just lounging for the timebeing but she asked for homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner. That is on the stove and almost to a boil so the chicken should have a good part of the day to simmer and meld flavors.

We might go run a few errands but there is only one of the top of the have to do list today.

What's going on in your world today?

Just went out to feed the cats, and it looks like we have another beautiful day to be thankful for. I'm waiting for ds to get ready to go. We have a public library on the JC campus, so I usually go there while I wait for him to finish his tests. I want to swap some books today - then swing by and get dh from work, and then I can get back to my cucumbers. Only one car now since I quit working, but we had to cut back somewhere. Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Hey Ya'll!

I worked 3 hours this morning at the office. It was great because no one else was there. I wasn't distracted by the phones, customers, nor fellow employees. I got as much done in those 3 hours as I do in one day as

far as paperwork goes. Yay me! :cele: I'm behind in all my paperwork and I'm training my replacement. It was a stressful week but could have been worse. :wink (2):

I did some grocery shopping this morning. Dollar General has started putting summer clothes and accessories on sale. I got a nite shirt (for Me) that was originally $10. It was half off the half off price. I got it for $2.50. :woohoo: I sleep in these nite shirts year around. It doesn't hafta be warm weather.

DS2 is home this weekend. We will take him back to school tomorrow. That means I have this afternoon and tonight to do anything I want before the work week starts again....sigh........not enough me-time in my schedule these days....... I really want to rearrange my bedroom. DH is cooking supper this evening but I will need to help him.

It's a cloudy, overcast day here in my world. The past week was above normal temps. We are expecting it to cool down this week. Yippee! :cheer: I love fall and cool weather!!!

Ya'll have a great day!!!!!

mommafitz

We did our weekly yard sailing this morning. DH found some tools to put on ebay. I got a case of decorative 8 oz. jelly jars for $3. 2 sets of brand new dishtowels and cloths for $1 total. Today or tomorrow I am putting together my slingbow and maybe listing a couple of ebay items. Love these lowkey weekends.

Made that no fat cake that takes an angel food cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple. just mix those 2 items together and bake. I love easy too!

Supposed to be about 80 today, 50s at night. Have a great Saturday!!!!!!

I haven't thought about that cake in a while Miki, but it used to be one of my favorites. My original recipe called for poppy seeds sprinkled on top before baking, but I always omited that because seeds cause me colon problems. Maybe I'll try one for Sunday dinner. Thanks for the good idea! I wish you lived near me because I have a lot of yard sale items that I need to get rid of. My nephews in-laws have a resale business in Texas and I sent a lot of stuff home with him last visit. ( Hope you got my thank you message.)

Archived