MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

hey darlene!!!!

i couldn't figure out where to put this... did you say you are using wood for countertops??? if you did...could you post pix--what are you doing to seal them?? what are you going to do about where the wood joins??? i have a ton of questions about this...(can you tell that i am fixing to do my countertops??) :D If you didn't say you are using wood--well, in the words of rosane rosanna danna--"never mind" :happy0203:

• 3 weeks later...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooops...sorry DS...I didn't see this till now...

Yes, I did wood countertops...2" thick rough sawn wood.

I sanded them a little to make them as even as I could then stained them. I put a few coats of polyurethane on them to give them the hard finish that is needed for a counter top. I put extra poly in the seams to make them even with the countertop.

They are stunning and while I'm not finished with the kitchen remodeling, I couldn't be happier with my choice. I've had granite and other types of counter tops in the past but with me living in the mountains on this farm, the wood countertops are just gorgeous.

I'll get some pictures and post them for you, and sorry for the delay in answering. It's been so swamped around here lol. If you ever have a question like this in the future and I don't answer, please feel free to pm me.

((((ds))))

thanks darlene--i know you have been super busy--currently i have plywood for countertop--but am getting ready to do them--i want to do something easy this time--

in one of the barns on this place we found a stack of wood--we talked to some people about it and found out it is 100 year old mahogany that the man who lived here took out of an old school--i am trying to incorporate this wood into the house if i can--hmmmmmmm one of the solid surface countertops i like looks like wood that has been pickled--maybe just pickling some of this wood and putting it in and using it would work hmmmmmmmm thanks for the info :bounce: now--off to think about this :unsure:

Archived