MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Have you seen this before?

Trudy

post-7458-1286911359_thumb.jpg These plants with the Red Bloom? My TOPS group gave me a potplant last year and all these came from it! They said that it was aloevera but I've never seen one like it before! It is BLOOMING! It also has stickers around the edge of the leaves. All the aloe I ever had before had a smooth leaf. I know that it is some kind of aloe and when I need to use it I just trim the stickers off. Maybe someone here knows what kind it is???

Yes, indeed. I've got it growing like weeds in my yard. Every year I have to thin it out to keep it in check.

The red flowering ones in front are aloe vera. The humming birds love them. Around here there are 2 varieties that grow fluently. Red, non-spotted and yellow, spotted.

I use my red, non-spotted every time I burn.

I once grabbed my VW manifold to steady myself, searing & sizzling the whole palm of my hand. The lady of the house grabbed a knife, sliced a leaf, slapped it on my hand and wrapped it with a strip of sheet. 2 hours later when it quit hurting, I took it off to find that I didn't even have a blister. Nada!

My Grandmother used to slice the leaves, scrap out the pulp, blender it and drink it. She said "it was good for what ailed ya." LOL.

Archived