MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday, December 20th

Lynnee

Time keeps on slippin' into the future, eh? In 10 days, 2010 will be history and Christmas will be a memory. It's amazing how quickly time goes anymore. Remember when it felt like 10 years from one Christmas to the next? Now it's like 10 minutes!

Christmas packages are all packed and ready to go. Besides cookies, candy and fudge, we put books, games, clothes, including Longhorns t-shirts, jewelry for the "big" girls and other fun stuff into the boxes. I'm really loving the "if it fits, it ships" idea from the post office! May fabulous husband took them with him to work and will be mailing them when he gets off work, thus saving me a trip. He's so awesome!!! I've got to say, God has blessed my socks off with that man!!!

Most of our grown kids (3 out of 4) and their kids are planning moves to our property over the next year. Sam has said that he feels an urgency in making sure we are all together to weather whatever is coming. The one who is not making any plans right now, plus my step-daughter and her kids, have been told they are welcome at any time if it becomes a necessity. Some things about being in the south would be easier; some more difficult. It will be interesting, to say the least! Still, we are praying that we will be together for pleasure and not to weather great hardships.

"Twenty-eleven" sounds like one of my youngest grandchildren learning to count, doesn't it? And I wonder what the year will bring. We are thinking that this may be the last "normal" Christmas for a long, long time, and yet are still praying that life continues as we now know it. It's interesting to prep and pray that these preps are like those we did for y2k, and prove unnecessary.

Laundry is on the list for today. Unfortunately, the bearings went out on the dryer and until the parts arrive, we'll need to take the wet, clean clothes to the laundromat to dry. Either that or purchase clothes pins and put up a clothesline running from tree to tree. I'm voting for the laundromat! lol! Sam had to be at work at 6am today because his employer is running a black friday-type sale this last week before Christmas. I was wide awake after getting his lunch together and sending him off, but I think I'm about ready to head back to bed.

Praying for a good and blessed day for each who stop by here. Hugs!

post-7783-068624800 1292849301_thumb.jpg

Good morning Lynee and all!

Interesting post from you Miss Lynee.....I've only had a sparse moments to read some of my favorite post boards over the past few weeks but a common thought is "this may be the last good/normal Christmas". How sad.

I have been very engrossed in my work since my promotion. I am trying to learn everything I can and it can be exhausting. Since I've worked in this dept.for 6 years or so, I have working knowledge of most of it. I'm now working on learning details of the things I haven't had to do in depth. My plan is to better myself and make my self indisposable. And this 'Management' thing has proven difficult. I AM doing better tho. I really have to watch what I say and how I say it. It's a personality flaw I have. I can be blunt. :happy0203:

I catch myself sayin the mantra "all work and no play can make mommafitz a dull chick"! But I don't have enough hours in the day!!!!! :wink (2): I'm off today so I can do some things here at home in preparation of having family here Christmas Eve for dinner. I have to work that day so I must plan ahead. Whew!

I have laundry to do also. There is no end!

I'm gonna make 2 more kinds of candy and do some cleaning. That should wrap it up until Thursday night when I have last minute shopping to do.

Have a fantabulous day Ya'll!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!!

mommafitz

I am at work today...Much of the holiday pressure is off now. My family gets together to celebrate Christmas at my parent's house the weekend before Christmas. So, we already celebrated the holiday on Saturday!! The only gifts left to buy are for the people in our own home and a couple for the grandkids. Celebrating a week early may turn out to be especially good this year as another storm is headed this way. We will all be cozy and in our own homes. for the actual holiday. Hubby's last day of work is tomorrow and then he is off until the new year.

( :pray: Lord please don't let him drive me crazy!)

I am working hard towards getting the house in order and planning the holiday menu for Christmas dinner and for Kwanzaa. The good thing is that our pantry is full so I probably won't have to buy anything in order to coordinate the meal...except barbecue sauce! We have no plans to use barbecue sauce anytime soon, but hubby noticed that it is the one thing that we don't seem to have in the house. I have promised that I will correct my ways and get some this week! (Bad, bad pantry manager! :busted: )

Once I get off of work today, I will spend some time :dusting::clothesline: and :canning: some jam. This week, it will be strawberry/blueberry. Everyone have a wonderful day!!

WHEW!!! glad it is finally time for the holiday weeks to be here!!! DD is on her way as we speak for a month!! I am soooooo excited to be able to spend time with her--then she is off for three more semesters to graduate, then the wedding---so I know i don't have much time alone with her left!!!

our new business is getting off the ground nicely--dh is out today working!!! He is now booked for awhile--so we can finally stop making all the cold calls and he can get to work--i am so excited that he can stay home for awhile instead of being on the road.

this will be the last Christmas without dd1--she should be out of there by next year hopefully never to return

ds will be here tomorrow for the week--he has a girlfriend HERE so he should be coming home a lot more than he was!!!

hope everyone has a GREAT CHRISTMAS!!!!

It is always nice when the family can get together, Deerslayer. Though I despise winter, I do enjoy the holiday season.

May I ask what type of business your hubby operates? It is so nice to hear of a business starting to take off. I work as a small business consultant for a non-profit agency. If there is anything that I can help with, don't hesitate to ask via pm. Because we are a nonprofit, there is never a fee for our services and I can even answer hypothetical questions if you are at all leery about giving away too much proprietary information!

I LOVE THE COLD AND THE MORE SNOW THE BETTER!!!!!

the oil field is HUGE here--so he started an oil rig welding company--we found out that the companies around here we using welders from pretty far off--so since he is close, they would prefer to use him--that way the problems get fixed sooner--instead of having to wait hours and hours for the welder to show up.

Oh, that's very interesting. My husband works for a company that welds, but his employer makes hatches and street grates. (We just don't have oil fields around here!)

That is really good that your husband was able to spot a niche that needed to be filled. That kind of innovative thinking is the key to business success.

Archived