MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A meeting place for singles?

Bpreped

Hello all you singles out there,

I was wondering if there are enough single people out there that would like to start a thread where we can have the opportunity to meet each other? ( Or is there such a thread I don't know about?) I believe that the quality that makes a person a prepper is an important indication of that person's values and perspective of life. I know that for me, this would be a quality I would value in someone. It would just be a place we all could meet and talk about things that are relevant to our lives... Just a thought....

Tom

Well, we don't have that yet. But the information kind of comes out eventually, naturally.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mrs S possibly being that kind of resource. I don't want some creepy person creating a persona JUST to find somebody with guns, ammo, and supplies. I remember a dear friend who had a beautiful online friendship with what she thought was another like-minded woman... it turned out it was a guy pretending to be female. She was devastated and scared.

Thoughts, people?

I see your point... I tend to be too trusting... especially on the internet... and I'm coming from a male's perspective... not that men can't be scammed too.. but women have that extra level of caution I don't ... Even sites set up for meeting singles tend to be shady in my opinion.. It was a thought that was not well considered. I think you are right... it is best not to mix THAT into a site that already has a good focus and purpose...

Tom

PS I really am a guy! ( can't you tell?? smile)

Well, we don't have that yet. But the information kind of comes out eventually, naturally.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mrs S possibly being that kind of resource. I don't want some creepy person creating a persona JUST to find somebody with guns, ammo, and supplies. I remember a dear friend who had a beautiful online friendship with what she thought was another like-minded woman... it turned out it was a guy pretending to be female. She was devastated and scared.

Thoughts, people?

Hmm- values and general philosophies are important in successful match. How many have trouble with their significant others who "just don't get it"? Within that context, there is something to be said for MrsS to help network like-minded individuals.

Watching "The Social Network" the one thing that made facebook leap forward was "relationship status".

So maybe simply having Relationship Status in the profile (voluntary) would be useful.

Add to that, "Network Status". Such as "interested in meeting like-minded people in my area for mutual support in crisis" This would be separate form relationship status.

= Mark

(single, 42, 15 YO daughter, looking)

Archived