MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

shelf stable saturday

the ladies at www.foodstoragemadeeasy.net have started a new article in their forum. it's called SHELF STABLE SATURDAYS. for the next two years they will post, on saturdays, shelf stable recipes. they started this past saturday showing a picture of regular ingredients in the left picture, and shelf stable ingredients in the right picture. people are welcome to offer recipes of their own until january 31, 2011. those who offer recipes will recieve a pdf and weekly updates of the recipes given. also, the recipes will be added to their binder.

OOOOPS!

Lori just told me I forgot to tell you about this past weekend.

We had plans to go out but with the weather (snow and cold) decided to stay home and cook.

But we used things from thre freezer and cupboards to make meals for the weekend.

It was fun and we used up stuff we had sitting around that needed to be used before it got to bad to use anymore.

you can make a lot with noodles, cream of mushroom soup or chicken. Dried onion flakes, celery seed, garlic power and others can make a drab meal get a bit of a kick as well.

:AmishMichael2:

the ladies at www.foodstoragemadeeasy.net have started a new article in their forum. it's called SHELF STABLE SATURDAYS. for the next two years they will post, on saturdays, shelf stable recipes. they started this past saturday showing a picture of regular ingredients in the left picture, and shelf stable ingredients in the right picture. people are welcome to offer recipes of their own until january 31, 2011. those who offer recipes will recieve a pdf and weekly updates of the recipes given. also, the recipes will be added to their binder.

I noticed that this site had a great recipe for shelf stable tortellini soup. The recipe uses those shelf stable bagged Barilla tortellini. I had never thought to make soup out of them and realized that I had all of the ingredients on hand. I thought that it would be pretty cool to make a nice pot of fresh soup from ingredients that were only found on the shelf, rather than the fridge.

Archived