MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday's cold...

Cat

DH says it's just supposed to get colder and colder today, and the roads won't be good, since it rained so much yesterday and last night. And I wanted to get my hair cut. Monday is my "day off" from babysitting, and lilDD has President's Day off.

No mail delivery.

Our local Borders bookstore started their sales Saturday, and DS went with us to check it out. They were only at 20% off, with some odd 40% here and there, but I knew the kids' books would go faster, so I went. BigDD wants "classics" (ones she remembers! LOL) for her son. So I bought "Harold and the Purple Crayon"... all 4 books in one! And more that I would have to get out to list. I want to get some of the Boynton board books, but they had so many of them that I'm going to wait for a bigger discount. LilDD loved the rhythm in "Barnyard Dance", and the pictures are so funny. :)

I have some pork to put into the crock pot. I have several pork "steaks" (not the really thin ones) and a boneless rib piece, and I want to put them in with BBQ sauce. It'll make quite a bit for the 3 of us, but I'll freeze the leftovers for one of "those days".

Sounds like a good day to bake, too, so I'll decide whether I want to make a couple of old fashioned cream pies or an Apple Dapple cake. DS says "BOTH!" (LilSis can take him some tomorrow to school, if it's too nasty to get out. He has the day off, too, since he works at the school.)

And of course, there's always HOUSEWORK... :(

*SIGH*

Good morning Cat and everyone who follows~:bighug2:

It's gloomy here and the wind is blowing. Our city schools our off today but DD was suppose to have preschool since she goes to preschool where I grew up (rural) & they have school today but I called off. I've been up with DS and a little with DH, most of the night between coughing fits and DH's chills, I have now caught this lovely bug. I'm trying to get DS into the doctor but it might have to wait until Wednesday so I can drop DD off at school and keep going south to the doctor (60+ miles one from our door to the doctor), 20 miles from my parents and school.

Cat~ Great score on the books!!!! DD had Harold and the Purple Crayon in her stocking and she loves it!!! I think I'll pick up a few of the other stories for later. The Boynton books are another favorite in our house, too. DH gave me the go ahead to pick up 2 books I want for my birthday so I just have to get to Borders, hoping for the bigger discounts so I can pick up an additional book.

Brownies sound good if your looking for ideas, Cat.

I don't think there is much on tap here today as this pesky cough is getting in my way. Maybe I'll pull the dehydrator out and dry some fruit.

Have a great day!:bouquet:

Brownies? Hmmmmm... I'll have to think about that. I cheated and bought a cheesecake over the weekend for lilDD and I. :whistling: Just a little frozen one, but those are rich. Any pies or cake I make will be shared with BigDD, DS, and my Mom.

On the plus side, though.. DH actually told me he can see that I've lost weight. (Took him darn long enough! <_< LOL) To be fair, I wear loose, comfortable clothing at home, so it can be hard to tell. I think he saw how my "good" pants have gotten so baggy.

He went on a low-carb diet, and with the change in cooking, I just don't feel hungry in the evenings. What started that was DS coming home for supper occasionally and there wasn't enough for all, so I started just "nibbling".

Last time I went to the doctor with BigDD & baby, I asked the nurse to please check my file to see what my weight high was. I thought I was at it last year, but it was back in 2008. I've lost just over 40 pounds since that high... and it's amazing how heavy that is when it's 40 pounds of softener salt I carry to the basement! :0327:

:cele:

So sorry you caught it, too. It's trickier taking medicines when you're pregnant, too. :(

I knew there was another "Harold" book, but I didn't know there were a total of 4. They are wonderful for kids, since the child "sees" Harold creating his own "reality". He's being creative and is in control of his own world... a fun thing for kids. ;) I remember getting it at the library when I was a kid.

I'm not sure if all Borders have sales right now. Ours is on the closing list. :(

Brownies? Hmmmmm... I'll have to think about that. I cheated and bought a cheesecake over the weekend for lilDD and I. :whistling: Just a little frozen one, but those are rich. Any pies or cake I make will be shared with BigDD, DS, and my Mom.

On the plus side, though.. DH actually told me he can see that I've lost weight. (Took him darn long enough! <_< LOL) To be fair, I wear loose, comfortable clothing at home, so it can be hard to tell. I think he saw how my "good" pants have gotten so baggy.

He went on a low-carb diet, and with the change in cooking, I just don't feel hungry in the evenings. What started that was DS coming home for supper occasionally and there wasn't enough for all, so I started just "nibbling".

Last time I went to the doctor with BigDD & baby, I asked the nurse to please check my file to see what my weight high was. I thought I was at it last year, but it was back in 2008. I've lost just over 40 pounds since that high... and it's amazing how heavy that is when it's 40 pounds of softener salt I carry to the basement! :0327:

:cele:

So sorry you caught it, too. It's trickier taking medicines when you're pregnant, too. :(

I knew there was another "Harold" book, but I didn't know there were a total of 4. They are wonderful for kids, since the child "sees" Harold creating his own "reality". He's being creative and is in control of his own world... a fun thing for kids. ;) I remember getting it at the library when I was a kid.

I'm not sure if all Borders have sales right now. Ours is on the closing list. :(

Congrats on the weight lose!!! That is awesome!!!

Our Borders is closing, too.:(

I sure wish someone could send me some of that cold! I just gave in and turned on my ac for the first time this year. Fixed a cold drink and sat down for a break. I made my first laundry soap today and I love it! I just washed my sheets, and they smell so good that I think I would make this even if it wasn't cheaper to use! I finally found Zote soap. Not sure if it is the right one or not. Its a pink bar and says for delicates. Laundry looks clean and smells good, so I guess its ok. Congrats on your weight loss Cat - That's Great!!

Archived