MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Preserving Turkey Bacon

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to go about this? While I've seen conversations about people ordering canned pork bacon from various online sources, I've never heard of anyone canning or otherwise preserving turkey or beef bacon.

If the :smiley_shitfan: hubby would be a bear without coffee or turkey bacon. I've got the coffee covered, so now I am looking for ways around the turkey bacon issue.

I guess that my first problem is that I don't really know how turkey bacon is manufactured. Are there fillers? Would this be as taboo as, say canning hot dogs?

Also, turkey bacon is pre-cooked when you buy it at the store. I always liken it to deli meat. So has anyone ever tried to can deli meat? How did the texture turn out?

Edited to add:

I did find this link asking a similar question:

http://mrssurvival.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26262

However, there is a comparison being made between turkey bacon and pork bacon and their relative fat content. Turkey bacon has very little fat. In fact if I cook it in a nonstick pan, I still have to spray a little olive oil or add a bit of veggie oil to the pan to keep it from sticking/burning.

Awww man, Violet! He's gonna be evil. I might have to put him out of MY misery! Uh, I mean HIS misery!! <shaking my head>

If :smiley_shitfan: , then I'm sending him to your house! I just won't be able to cope with him!

Archived