MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tuesday in the desert

snapshotmiki

Supposed to hit 91 degrees today. I gave both pups haircuts yesterday, am off today and I go to Mexico tomorrow for meds for the last time. We are winding down and getting ready to travel. I still have a week and a half to work but am ready to go. Already have our spot reserved in TX-- shady with a grill and picnic table. Nice place to relax for a month -while dh works, before continuing on to our destination of the moment.

Anyone elses life in flux? How do you handle it? I am fine with it as we have lived this way for 8 years. Wonder how I will handle it if we stay in one place for a while.

Have a great day everyone!

Martian chick--DH and I both traveled and moved around when we were young (seperately) and talked about doing it some mystical day in the future when we had enough money or retired. Then we both had a vehicle accident at the same time on the same day in different locations. We got home and decided that was a big enough sign that there are no guarantees and that if we wanted to travel we better start. Took almost a year to sell all our "stuff" so we could sell our house and then sold at the top of the market. We bought a used motor home and put our faith in God--having no idea how this would work out or what we would do for a living. What an adventure it has been! We have never been out of work--if we wanted to work. And have seen more of this country than most people we know. Also have met so many interesting people! Prepping has been a challenge but once I decided I could can and sew even if I had little room, it has gotten easier. Now we are thinking to slow down for a little while near family in the country but I doubt we will sell the travel trailer. It will just be another adventure!

The great thing we have found is that when one doesn't have much stuff, it is easier to pay the bills and save than we had the house and all that went with it!

WTG Miki. And how interesting you had a car accident at the same time! And how grateful you both came out alive!

Yes, you then realise life may be long or short and now is the time to do what you feel it right.

Glad you both took that chance.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, a body can do without a lot of stuff for that is what it becomes after awhile.

The Good Lord said food shelter and raiment and really I believe it.

Little is much if God is in it.

Traveling as you have done is what I thought about but for one person it can certainly be lonely.

Twilight

Archived