MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I don't think I've ever been so abused in my life.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

About a year and a half ago I met a woman here online.

Over the course of time we became very close friends, spending hours together on the phone and online.

We shared everything, there were no secrets.

I'm too burned out to go into all the details, but suffice it to say that everything she told me was a lie.

She was not who she purported herself to be.

I am so angry with myself for being so stupid, so hurt that someone could do something like that to another. I'm angry and resentful that she abused an innocence that was offered freely.

She passed away earlier this week.

I hope that the peace that escaped her here on earth is finally found in her death.

I will never do this again.

Ever.

I'm sorry, I just needed to vent. I hope I haven't offended anyone.

((((((Darlene)))))))

I hope this past relationship doesn't ever cause you to not reach out to others...You have so much to offer! When getting close to others, we are wide open and vulnerable to getting hurt but the positives of true friendship far outweigh the negatives. Bottom line is that "hurting people hurt people." A precious soul such as you, are sent to this world to offer a bandage of hope and kindness to all they meet. Don't ever stop being you, Darlene and sharing the gift within. We need you and those yet to meet you.... truly need the gift of true and devoted friendship.

I'm glad you were "her" friend despite it all. There is a higher purpose in all we do.

Love ya,

I'm so sorry that you were hurt Boss.... but dont let this make you bitter against future friendships.... YOu are too vital and special to let one person turn you away from all the wonderful people who could really be yur friend. twi

Okay Darlene. I'm gonna come clean. I'm not as beautiful as I told you!

Seriously, I'm sorry this happened. I'm sure things like this have happened to nearly all of us. Sometimes it's even with a spouse. Just pick yourself up and don't get bitter. Maybe you can put on the "Famous Dress" and go somewhere nice with DH.

Guest Guest

Darlene, I'm so sorry that you were deceived, but we were made to be caring human beings.... Sometimes, people take advantage of that, it happened to me and I'm sure that it has happened to all of us at one time or another....

Even tho she might not have enriched your life so that you see it now, I'm sure that you enriched hers...

I just consider these times God's growth spurts....

As my mama said, it all comes out in the wash.... (((hugs))))

Darlene,

Unfortunately the first casualty of the internet is truth. It is nearly impossibe to know if someone is telling a lie if you don't personally know them or haven't dealt with them offline in some way. That does not mean you were stupid. It's never stupid to share with others or care about others or reach out to them.

Guest Guest

I've been trying to think of something profound to say but I can't. It's just downright hard to be duped but please know it's happened to all of us and we know how it hurts. Take care my friend and know you're in our prayers.

I know everyone would like to know if it was someone that you met here at Mrs. S. or someplace else. Will you tell us that bit of information? I know you can't/won't say the name.

Take care!

Guest Guest

If it's who I think it was, she wasn't from *here*.

Sometimes things like this kind of jolt us back to reality.

Like Cappy said, on the internet, anyone can be wonderful, or rich, or beautiful, or whatever they *want* to appear to be.

Nothing replaces the hugs and the fights and the smiles of your own family.

Nothing replaces real-time people who love you enough to do the tough things to love & protect you.

It's not foolish to explore the internet and make new friends. Not even to believe some of what they tell you. Just don't let it draw you in too far.

Just turn around now & then & love the ones you're with.

Luv ya, Boss...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Darlene}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Guest Guest

Dee, no it wasn't someone I met from MrsSurvival...in fact it kinda makes me feel emotional to think that of all the people I've met from here in person, they were all they represented and much much more...I'm so grateful for that...it kinda makes me feel like I have a *safe* place to be. I have no problem sharing her name but have made a decision to never speak her name aloud again...I'm still very messed up about it at times...can't stop thinking of all the things we talked about and then the realization that 99.99% of it was a lie.

As for Homey...

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez...now there is a problem child...as much of a PITA as she is online, she's even moreso in person. *sigh*

We've all learned to be patient with her though...she's a work in major progress and we luv her...

*angelic smile*

btw, truth be known, I was a knockout in Atlanta...left them all in the dust...as usual...

lol

Well I dragged myself out of my sick bed Missy to reply to this message of yours.

Let me say a few things here: First off stop beating yourself up for this one sided relationship. It does you no good to be angry with yourself and the person you are speaking about.

Above all- Forgive. Forgiveness gives us inner peace. There is no sense in hanging on to grudges because it only hurts us physically and emotionally. YOU MUST FORGIVE THIS PERSON but you can still be [censored] mad about what you went through befriending them. Thats ok!

Last but not least, PRAY ! Pray for that person who has wronged you and pray for yourself so that you attain the peace that passes all understanding.

Maybe you did this person some good and you were her blessing. There is always a reason why we connect with others in life. That doesn't mean you have to be abused by others if you find out what they are doing to you.

Grieve, be angry... because you have lost alot. Then turn your heart to see that there is good in most people and that trust can happen between friends, even on the board here.

May the Peace and Love of Our Lord enter your heart and care for you .