MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Steamer / Juicer

I got my new steamer/juicer and it is wonderful :darlenedance: i did peaches today and have wonderful jars of peach juice waiting to be made into jelly tomorrow--dh put some in his tea and proclaimed the contraption worth every penny!!! :happy0203:

SO...

anyone have any ideas on some things that would not be fruit related--i was thinking today about chicken broth--but have no idea what to put in the basket to get started making it-- or beef broth-- any other ideas from all you smarties??? :gathering: I think this is gonna be my fav thing so i could use all the help i can get!!!

I've had one of those on my wish list for a while now. What brand did you buy? Did it work well?

Did an owners manual come with it? Maybe they have other uses for it listed. I would think that broth wouldn't be an option since you have to simmer it down so long for broth.

i got the norpro from dehydrate2store--it came with a manual that has some recipes in it--but not a lot it also came with a bag of marbles, and two silicone oven mitts

--i have been reading a discussion board that talks about them and they are using it for so many other things than the manual says--i don't have a 'cooking imagination' . one girl says she puts chicken, onion, celery, carrots, thyme, bay leaves, and garlic in and out comes chicken stock--i was just wondering if anyone over here uses them and know for sure if this would work. one girl is making baby food-- well--this discussion board is pretty old--a couple of years--so i don't know if i can get any of them to start posting about it again to put up recipes and such

like the pamplet says to use it to make vegetable juices for soups, sauces, and stocks--and then use the puree in soups, meat mixtures, casseroles and spaghetti sauce --well--i need a little more information than that

you can make jellies, juices, wines, and steam veggies and steam blanch veggies, make steam puddings, pumpkin seeds, steam unground wheat to make bulgar,make brown bread, steam meat and fish and make homemade sausage it says you can put the meat on with the veggies and it will all hold it's own flavor

yes it worked very well--i put in a small bag of peaches and now have three quarts of juice to make jelly with (if dh doesn't put it all in his tea) it is crystal clear and didn't take long to do--i never messed with jelly making too much because i didn't want to do the whole drip into the pan thing--that is gone with this--i highly recommend it for anyone who makes jellies, juices or has access to a lot of fruit. when my orchard is all in i can just can up tons of the juice and then come back in the winter and make jelly from it :happy0203:

Archived