MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A short update

Carie

Hi ladies!

I've been reading with envy about all of your gardens and canning adventures. On one hand I miss mine, but on another as hot as it has been I don't miss all the hard work. If we had known we would still be here we would have tried to put one out, but alas, I can't see the future. :)

Dh and I went yesterday to the lawyer and filed bankruptcy. Our lawyer said that we would have 3-4 months to be out of our home. So far the rental search has turned up nothing. I'm am praying for the perfect rental :) Rural would be nice, but I am open to living in town especially if it was on the edge and not on a main road. We really need 3 bedrooms or a very large 2 bedroom. Otherwise the house doesn't need to be big and we aren't picky about features, etc. I hope we can take our dog, but if not we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm waiting with dread for when my parents will find out about the bankruptcy. I pray we are moved before then, but only God knows about that. I am looking forward to a difficult but bright, stress reduced future. If we find a place, I'll definately update. Until then, I will continue to drool about all your garden yummies :)

Blessings,

Carie

Check with realtors in your area-thats what we did several years ago when we had to do the same-just be upfront with them.A lot of them buy houses and rent them out-They found us a very nice one and we stayed for 5 years then were able to buy a place from the same realtors as they knew our background.

The bankruptcy will be in the newspaper.

What's interesting is that your interest in the house and land will be an asset in bankruptcy--the parents who didn't want to pay you a fair price will now get to deal with a stranger.

Yes, Amber, I do see the irony in it. Dh and I hope that my parents get the neighbors they most fear (blacks, mexicans or a homosexual couple). They are very racist and it would serve them right.

Anyway, I wonder if they run the bankrupties publicly when you file or when it is discharged?

Archived