MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thankful Thursday!!!!

snapshotmiki

I'm thankful to have had a busy week and to have accomplished a few things! I cut out two fleece Christmas coats for my dogs last Dec. and finally finished one on Sunday--hopefully the other one tonight! Will post photos when they are ready. Putting in the sleeves is quite interesting with their little tiny legs.

Monday I canned 9 pints of Pear/Apple Sauce and 12 half pints of Pear/Apple Jelly.

I got to work two half days at the dairy.

Today I am making bread and gluten free peanut butter cookies.

For me, that's plenty to be thankful for!!!!!

Anyone else thankful today!?

DH is going to be working almost straight thru the next 3 DAYS/NIGHTS....overtime on top of a OVERfull schedule already. :shakinghead:

But we took time today to wander around our mountains. We ended up with an impromtu picnic [whatever I had in my EDC bags] beside a CO trout stream. He fished a bit and Big Dog and I climbed boulders. Her breed is magnificent climbing rocks! Huge splayed feet with nailed scrabbling for holds.

she loves it and can nearly climb vertical! My new shoes with decent tread [replacing OLD shoes with hardened-oxidized, slippery tread] were great. A few folks down below at the picnic tables were watching this huge dog and crazy grey-hair lady with a cane clamboring all over those boulders on the hills. :happy0203: It's an activity that has always been exciting and calming to me. I AM a tad less....adventurous on our routes, all these decades later tho. :P

MtRider [thankful for some excitement, fun, gettin' OUT! ....before another long haul]

Archived