MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

road trip to "Bedford Falls" Sat. & Sun.

We are off to BEDFORD FALLS for the weekend!

http://www.therealbedfordfalls.com/

We have so much fun going 'back in time' to when the great movie "It's a Wonderful Life" mas made. Most people agree that the town that inspired the movie was Seneca Falls, NY and every year the town goes all out with a festival portraying things from the movie. You can even walk over the bridge that was the setting for the famous one in the movie. We will also get to 'met' the people from the movie. Hay rides, roasted chestnuts, visiting friends we know and just walking around town that is all made over to look like that time. They even change the welcome to Seneca Falls sign to read “Welcome to Bedford Falls, NY". Then it's back home to sleep in out 'hotel' room and enjoy watching the movie by lantern light, eating popcorn. Then back we go on Sunday Morning to spend the day there again 'doing things'.

So for now - See ya in the Movies! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

:AmishMichael2:

They have the house where A Christmas Story (you'll shoot your eye out) was made, about 10 miles from me. Someone bought it a couple of years ago and made it into a museum. It is complete with the "Major Award" aka Leg Lamp, in the window.

Sounds like so much fun ! I have always wanted to see Niagara Falls. I love water falls. I saw a show on water falls the other day and Seneca Falls was on it, too.

would love to know the name of the show - in case there is a DVD?

also the sad part of the town of Seneca Falls is : There is NO waterfalls there!

They took it out years ago (1800's) to make more room for the town - how sad is THAT!

:AmishMichael2:

Niagara Falls is one of those places that I visit to sort of recharge my batteries. I love the sound and smell of rushing water so we usually go once a year. We didn't go this summer...Instead, we went to Ithaca NY and drove around visiting all of the waterfalls in the surrounding areas.

I didn't realize that Seneca Falls no longer had falls. I only remember going there a couple of years ago on our way back from the Montezuma Wildlife Refuge. For some reason, we decided not to take the thruway back home and took Route 5 instead.

Archived