MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Dried Savory

Has anyone had a problem finding dried savory at the grocery store? I've looked the last few times I've been in a grocery store and can't find it (or anyone to ask <_<).

I'm going to grow some this summer but need it now.

I always have a hard time finding it. I don't use it often, but have quite a few sausage recipes and spice blend recipes that I like to use it in. It's not in our typical grocery stores around here. My brother usually finds it in places like Trader Joe's or Whole Foods Markets. Some bulk herb suppliers online have it too. If I just absolutely cannot find it and brother hasn't sent me any, I sub marjoram for it. Not quite the same, but passable.

I don't know if savory is pretty rare here on the shelf at the market. My beef with a favorite spice I like to use , often in foods one doesn't consider as it adds a pleasant twist and people love it when I do......

is Tarragon. It is so hard to come upon it for several years going now locally.

I did see the fresh stuff in the plastic package in produce section though , but it looked too old to safely dry and I would have had to eat the whole package worth probably in the next 48 hrs if I had purchased it......

dissapointing when we cannot get basic herbs for cooking .

Sounds like you are having a similar issue about savory. I hope you can find some. I would go to bulkherbs.com or is it bulkherb.com? either should bring it up. Nice website and reasonable for todays prices in quantities. Vaccuum seal in some jars and you are set, or bags.

Archived