MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wet Wednesday Morning

winknasmile

Greetings everyone :gathering:

Got a few raindrops hitting the window this morning. It's only 6:30 and could be rainy, or not, until 10ish but then the suns to come out and be beautiful with a high of 82. Tomorrow is to be a high of 54. You gotta love the fluctuations of spring, you're surely never bored!

I lost 2.6 lbs when I weighed last night. Of course, eating at Lomita's (she chose Mexican :eclipsee_Victoria: ) and with the excessive indulging I probabably gained 5. I still feel stuffed and almost sick this morning. Oh well, after kicking myself most of the night I'm back to watching it again.

If we don't get much rain I'm hoping to get out this afternoon and plant a few seeds. I feel like a day of playing in the dirt.

What's your day shaping up to be?

Let's remember today to hug at least one person or make someone, including ourselves, smile. It feels so good! :grouphug:

The weather has been absolutely beautiful here. Sunny enough to get out and cool enough at night that we don't have to turn on the air. Trying to get a couple of projects done outside before the heat sets in. Staying close to the house to care for my DH who had surgery a week ago today. He is doing great but was told to take it easy for at least 4-6 weeks.

Ladies make your husbands and other men in your lives get their annual physicals. When mine went for his in November they found that his PSA had more than doubled in less than a year. He had no other symptoms but when they did a biopsy 5 of the 8 samples came back as cancer. After discussing with several medical professionals (who told us it was an unusually aggressive cancer) and much research he had it removed. Tests show that they got it all...PRAISE GOD!!!

Also after reading Anti-Cancer by Davis Servan-Schreuber MD, a few other books, seeing William Li's YouTube videos on "Can we eat to starve cancer?", as well as other resources and professional advise we have changed (and are still altering) the way we eat. The studies on diet fighting disease are amazing. From the time we changed our eating until DH surgery (6 weeks) he had lost 28lbs....felt better than he has in years and says he thinks much 'clearer'. With all that's been going on I have been 'stress' eating a little too much and have only lost about 18lbs.

Hope you all have a beautiful day and God bless :bouquet:

(((((blestmomof4))))

:pray:

Good Morning!

My return from Texas on Sunday, found our temperature had broke the records at 105 :knary:

Yesterday, we took time off to go fishing. After several hours of catching nothing, I donned my wetsuit, mask, fins and gloves and dove in to see if there were any fish. One fairly large carp, and maybe an half dozen medium sized desert suckers.

We sat on the bank for some time afterwards watching the wild life. Vultures, Mexican Grackles, Cardinals, Sparrows, Red-winged blackbirds, Cactus Wrens, Swallows and Egrets were foraging the waters' edge.

Then, a canoe floated by. They asked if we were fishing, and said they had just dumped in 500 8" trout up stream. :bounce: We got our lines in the water and DH pulled out 7 of them. One was a nice 10". :woohoo: I caught a bungie cord, LOL, and saw a medium sized rodent swimming upstream under water along the bank. I think it was a muskrat. :shrug:

Today is overcast and the weather forecast calls for rain later. That would be such a blessing.

I pulled all the brussles sprouts, aphids had invaded them and the crop failed due to lack of rain and too much heat. I checked my tomato plants and have 2 baby tomatoes growing already.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Archived