MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Stormy Saturday

Good Morning :wave:

Stormy weather last night, stormy weather again tonight. We had tornado warnings last night but I'm happy to say it was just rain, wind and light hail. Tonight is to be the same. Our tiny little town was one mentioned on the news over and over last night. When our town is mentioned we know it's something!

Arby, AH and others you'll probably be seeing it coming your way in a couple of days.

DGS will be over this morning. DDIL is taking DGD to have her hair styled and then to have dance recital pictures taken. She's only 3 so seems like a lot of folderol BUT I did similar things when my children were little. They'll have a great time. So will DGS and I.

This afternoon I have to bake a couple pans of bars for a social the preschool board is serving tomorrow. I have 2 new recipes I've found online. It's a good place to try them with no one knowing who made them if they're not good! :yum3:

Have a good one everyone! :bighug2:

Hot and sunny here. I got laundry done and took the trash out to burn with some of the mesquite I've been cutting. Need to get all the burning done outside that needs doing before burn ban comes back on. Downloaded a Jan Karon book from the talking books and I'm going to hide in the a/c this afternoon and listen to it. Going to make deviled ham for lunch sandwiches for me. Daughter will have scrambled eggs with a little ham.

We could do with some rain. Looks like another scorching hot, dry, dry summer with high fire danger. We had a fairly wet spring so lots of fuel this yr. Last yr was a dry summer after a dry spring and the fires were bad.

Quite hot and humid here, too! We took the pups this morning out to the new house to take all sorts of measurements inside and out. Then went to Tractor supply for new pink waterproof boots for me and some gloves. I will be helping at the dairy again starting this week--every once in a while. Found a glass sun tea jar at a thrift shop for a dollar. Then we went to lunch at Golden corral. I found 28 oz. diced tomatoes at my local store for 99 cents a can. I bought all 8 that they had. Now we are home and not going anywhere else today.