MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Goldfinches Everywhere

Mornin' :cheer:

I've never seen such a sight as I witnessed this morning. Our yard looked like it was full of dandelions BUT it was goldfinches. Hundreds of them fluttering around in the grass. What a pretty picture it made. Then it started raining and they've disappeard. You'd think I could see the yellow of at least one in a tree but nary a hint of yellow anywhere.

This morning I'll have to be in town by 9:00 to get set up for our preschool social thank you. The preschool is closing, this is it's final month. I hate it but as with all these shrinking little towns it's just not something we can keep open. The state now requires a teaching degree and with so few children we can't afford that kind of salary even if there was someone willing. I hate it but the government has its rules no matter if you're a town of 250, like us, or millions.

We've had many community benefits over the years to raise money so this morning we're having a thank you for the town. It'll be at the Methodist church after the community Sunday School program. You're all welcome! :happy0203:

I made the bars I wrote about yesterday and they're "ok" but I threw the recipes away as they aren't worth making again. With a cup of coffee they'll do BUT well, you know what I mean.

So everyone, hope you have a good day and get to see or have some sort of amazing thing happen to you today like I did with the finches. :grouphug:

That must have been real pretty! I'm hoping to see some of the Painted Buntings again this year. Cardinals are frequent visitors but the Buntings are more shy. They come because there is no other water source during drought and I have a small pond.

Record high yesterday with heat index of 102. I didn't accomplish much. Today a wee bit cooler early with some rain so I went out and chopped as much mesquite as I could. Trying to at least keep the yard nearest the house cleared. It does grow back pretty rapidly, but I've made progress at killing some of it. Supposed to be very hot today and tomorrow and heating rapidly since the clouds rolled off.

Good Afternoon,

It is another hot one outside, a slight breeze rustling the tree tops, the hum of air conditioners whirring competes with the bird songs.

Watching the birds come and go from the water dishes. Starlings bathing, white wing, inca, morning, and ring neck dove taking turns finding a spare piece of food and a spot of water. Then, very quietly, a quail came in for a moment, stole a drink and hurried off back to the desert.

Quiet day for me. Watching the world go by.

It must have been a beautiful thing to see this morning. It's sad the preschool is closing. It's ashame there isn't a SAHM that is a licensed teacher that is interested.

It's been a crazy two days. Yesterday, our neice,almost 3, came and played with the kids while her mom and dad (dh's brother) went to dinner. Four kids fed, cleaned and exhaused. Neice fell asleep10 minutes into their drive home. I managed to clean most of the house and plant another bed of potatoes.

Today was a day of recovering from four kids running around and rain and storms on and off. I did manage to get some green beans in today. I used soil left from the bed dh moved and filled the kids pots. I let both of the older kids pick what they wanted to plant, they both picked beans. So they are each respoonsible for their own plant. And they can learn how they grow and how to care for them. I managed to order the stuff I need for ds1's birthday party and have % off at both places.

We are going to get some groceries in the morning after we check on great (dh's grandma). We checked on her on Friday to make sure she was soing alright and fill her medicine boxes. She didn't know who I was and asked if I lived at the assisted living facility. Her dementia is getting worse. Dd starts three days a week taekwondo tomorrow. Ds will be signed up fot t-ball, too, this week.