MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Last Tuesday in May

Good Morning~:bouquet:

It's a cooler, sunny day here. A much needed break from the 90's we've had so early this year. The high is 85* today with no rain in sight.:( We are under a wild fire watch (conditions are right), I don't ever remember having one issued and I've grown up here. I know they are possible because there is a posted sign at the dunes that tells you the risk.

The kids and I are running to the farm I buy my plants at. The one girl I've become friends with, who does a lot of the ordering, told me yesterday she has sweet potato plugs hidden and yellow bean seeds that aren't unpacked, yet. So we will be running over there to pick up a few slips (I'm think 2 or 3), the yellow bean seeds (praying they are bush), another basil plant, and one or two savory plants. I need a few tomato cages and a few marigolds, too. Then off to the berry farm to pick up a few buckets of strawberries (strawberry lemonade, jams, and I'm going to try a freeze a strawberry-rhubarb pie or two - wink has inspired me).

We need to run to Target to look for a few things for DS2's first birthday.

What's going on in your world today?

Have a great one!:bighug2:

Good morning Jori and everyone,

It sounds like you have a full day. I have DGS for the day so we're busy playing games. He likes tic tac toe, which I am tired of so I've taught him the one with dots where you get to put your initial in the square when it's completed. I'm sure it has a name, I just don't know it.

Right now he's watching Dr. Doolittle as he eats cinnamon/sugar toast so I'm taking a break and reading here.

I've got a beef roast in the oven for supper for DH while I am eating very little today as I have to weigh tonight. NOT good after a long weekend. :gaah:

Here comes DGS with Chutes and Ladders so you all have a great day! :bighug2:

We had a maybe 1/2 inch rain last night that settled the dust.

I used the attic fan to pull the cool air in. The A/C is off but

with the temps building outside I will turn it back on after awhile.

I did not need it until 3pm yesterday.

I went to town and got gas and oil for the mower. Now that I have the deck

back I thought I would mow. I put the deck on Friday evening but could

not get the deck support pin on one side where it belong , Improvisation

did not work so went to work at it again ,praying for God to help me.

He did and now the pin is doing what it should where it should be,

But I could not engage the mower- oh well, guess I did not want

to mow that much any way!! Obviously I have attached the spring at the

wrong place

No it is not in the book!! I had to call and ask what that cable

was and how to disconnect it so I could take the deck off. But I have

slept since then and I do not remember where it is supposed to be connected.

I shall rest and maybe later... the UV is 9 and I need to have a hat on......

My day started with a BANG. I can't believe it but I fell out of bed. I was asleep and the phone rang. I reached over to the bedside table to pick it up and went right over. I landed on my wrist but fortunately the side of my face hitting the bedside table broke my fall. I'm fine really. A little bit sore though and I feel a headache coming on. More mad than anything. I missed the call which was probably another political call or 'Jennifer' calling yet again to tell me this is my final call (again) to lower my credit card rate. The lamp shade got destroyed so looks like Target is on my list of errands.

On a happier note, yesterday my son was here doing yard work and noticed a clump of dried grass with fuzzy stuff in it. He kicked it to even it out and found a surprise. There was a little hole in the ground with 6 little bunnies all crammed inside. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. They are so tiny. Their eyes aren't even open yet. We didn't touch and covered them back over. Son put one of those little folding outside tables over them to shade them and to keep us from stepping on them. Momma put them right out in the open in the middle of the front yard. They are so cute now but will probably grow up to eat all of the new shrubs I'll be planting this year. <_<