MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Packed full weekend.

Our church is having the MCC conference this weekend and needed volunteers. A lot of volunteers.

Since I serve coffee one Sunday a month I volunteered to do that today.

Only to latter realize that this is my Sunday to serve coffee. My helper kids ( DD2 and her friend) are not to happy and I haven't told them even if I realized it was our coffee Sunday I still would have volunteered us.

We are only going to be serving coffee and tea this weekend. The church kids are going to be upset. They LOVE their hot chocolate. They can go through a big canister or more of hot chocolate every Sunday.

I had to get up early because my arthritis is killing me today. I didn't want to be to stiff to get up later. Hopefully if I take something now it will kick in before I have to leave for church.

What are you doing this weekend?

After spending an entire afternoon in the dentist office yesterday, I'm just glad to be home. My appointment was originally for 3:00 but on Wednesday they asked me if I'd mind coming in an hour earlier. No problem. It was supposed to be a simple pop off the temp cap and cement in the permanent cap. I guess because I was there 1 hour early, they forgot about telling the 'tooth fairy courier guy' so I had to wait almost an hour for the cap to arrive. They kept saying he should be here in about 10 min. If I'd known it would have been an hour, I would have done some errands and come back. They were embarrassed and kept apologizing but I had brought my Kindle and was very content. Besides, it was 92 degrees outside and sitting in an air-conditioned office with a good book and a free bottle water was not a hardship. It finally arrived, with more apologies, and I went back in one of the rooms. The nurse asked if I wanted the gas. I said I'd tuff it out with just a cap replacement. Big mistake. Dentist said "WE" may need to go in and see why it is still hurting and will probably need to give a shot to numb it. Oh-ho-ho no "WE' don't. Not without being gassed out of my mind. Of course the gas machine in my room wasn't working so I had to change rooms. I thought those things wheeled around from room to room like an oxygen canister? Guess not. So, after I got resettled in the new room and feeling all floaty and at peace with the world, he comes at me with the needle and as soon as he gets to my mouth he dropped it on my chest!!! Nothing stuck or anything but I jumped and bit down on his fingers. My turn to apologize. Sigh. He turned the gas up and all's well that ends well...so far. He said I might need a root canal if it doesn't stop hurting. "WE' can use the same cap though. I was in that office from 1:45 until 6:30. I swear to the heavens above this was my day yesterday. He is pretty good with the shots though. He numbs the area really well and puts one drop of novacain (sp) in at a time all the while shaking the mouth around for distraction. Plus the gas. I don't dread his shots at all. His rooms are all set up in different themes. One is southwest, one is a barn, one is John Deere, one is an old farm kitchen, etc.

This weekend it is either going to be blazing hot or thunder showers so I'm going to stay inside and scrub down my kitchen and get ready to do some canning next week. I have my recipes all ready to go for: apple pie filling, cherry pie filling, peach pie filling, banana jam, apple pie jam, apple butter, pickled beets, and maybe pickled green beans. Sounds daunting but I can in small jars so they are little batches. I plan to use the pie fillings as a single serving desert. I may need to do some traveling for the fruit though. I'm not sure about the Clear-Jel either. I couldn't find any and may need to order some. That may be a question for another forum though.

Blessings to all of my Mrs. S family! :grouphug:

Heat headache started before I was done milking. I'm going to head for the a/c in a minute. Been waiting for an email to get an address to mail a check, but she's missed the carrier now so it will have to go monday. Pray she doesn't sell that buck I want to anybody else before I get the money to her. My transport for him is scheduled for about 10 days from now and cant go sooner. Sure hate not being able to drive sometimes. Would like to get to the grocery for fresh fruit/veggies and some juice for daughter.

Think a nap is needful today.