MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Canning Beef Chuck

Hi Everybody

As I said in my other post, I am having way too many senior moments. I think that my pulling up roots and moving 2000 miles may have a lot to do with it.

I still haven't received all of my stuff which includes canning notebooks, etc. I'm too afraid to not be doing something for what may be coming so I am still trying to prepare.

I am canning beef chuck. I always brown it in a tiny bit of cooking oil - without seasoning - and because I wash the meat before I brown it, there is usually some fluid in the frying pan. Should I add some of this liquid to each jar. I know I always fill the hot jars with meat, add boiling water and beef broth granuals. I just can't remember if I add a spoon of the pan liquid or not to the jars.

I'm putting the browned meat in the frig for tonight and will finish canning it tomorrow. I don't want my hard word to go for not. I will also put the pan liquid in a separate container.

Thanks in advance again,

YYY